Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fridge Questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
dummkauf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Fridge Questions?

Ok, so my wonderful wife bought me a new fridge for my b-day!!! Which is great because the old one, still works, is moving downstairs. She has claimed the freezer for extra frozen food storage, but the fridge section is all mine! My family also all chipped with cards full of money, and I have $220 + whatever I may spend out of pocket to buy kegs and taps to make my new kegerator!

So, since my new fridge isn't here, and the old one is still being used for food, otherwise I'd just test this with a thermometer....do most fridges get warm enough to use for lagering or would I need to replace the thermostat for that? Its mainly going to be used for dispensing beers, but initially I will only be able to keep 2 kegs full at any one time(fridge could fit 6 if needed, but I can't produce beer that quickly yet), I would have room for a carboy, so I'm thinking it could double as a lagering chamber too, though my beer may be getting served a bit warmer during lagering.

Would this work, or should I just stick to using the fridge to dispense delicious beer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
Hogcrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Take a look at this link http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay...-build-163849/
I made one and I use it to dial my temps up for Ales and then when they are done and I keg them, I crank it down nice and cold. Real easy to build. If you controller off ebay, make sure you get the 120 volt. Hope this helps and answers your question.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply