Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Free PLC (and more) score

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
RDWHAHB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Is that a 5/05? I've got a 5/03 sitting on my desk, but haven't rounded up a rack or I/O. I've also go a scadapack with built in I/O, but no good way to bring temp into a 4-20.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #12
SOB
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It's a 5/04 so no ethernet (I believe that's what the 05 gave you...I may be wrong)

Max, if you're talking about the CLogix Redundancy issues then the latest I've seen have actually been card issues. The most recent is with the ControlNet cards. If they are at firmware 11.002 (I think that's right, kinda guessing here) then they have an anomaly where they lose communications after 72 days without a power cycle. To correct it you have to upgrade to v 11.003. Very annoying.

Max, we (I) use them for VERY different situations...anything from bulk material handling to power generation, natural gas compression systems and a lot in between. You?

"I'm much too young to feel this damn old"

Old 12-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #13
ClaudiusB
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOB View Post
I was looking and I could probably make about $400 by selling the extra cards that I wouldnt need. Not sure though...I may want to save them for future use.
I would not sell any cards, soon or later you will fill up each I/O point

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
DeeDub76
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Yea our last issues actually turned out to be the power supply. For some reason it would drop power for a spit second, enough to fault it.
I work in the pharmacuetical industry and we have experienced the exact same issues with some of our allen Bradleys...hmmmmm

Old 12-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
Maxkling
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOB View Post
It's a 5/04 so no ethernet (I believe that's what the 05 gave you...I may be wrong)

Max, if you're talking about the CLogix Redundancy issues then the latest I've seen have actually been card issues. The most recent is with the ControlNet cards. If they are at firmware 11.002 (I think that's right, kinda guessing here) then they have an anomaly where they lose communications after 72 days without a power cycle. To correct it you have to upgrade to v 11.003. Very annoying.

Max, we (I) use them for VERY different situations...anything from bulk material handling to power generation, natural gas compression systems and a lot in between. You?

I just looked and the cards we have on the shelf are V 11.003. Maybe the ones installed from the contractors had older 11.002, we dont have the cards anymore. I know that we did swap out the cards with an 11.003 and we still had the issues until we just so happened to catch the issue in the act. We swapped out the supply and it has been good to go so far.

Oh, and we mainly use the AB's on our baggage handling systems.

"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands."

Old 12-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #16
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nice score! heh, well the batteries are cheap on ebay any ways. What they charge for the flash modules is like being prison raped.... Use a SLCs quite a bit in the fresh/waste water industry. I've heard of guys ripping and stripping old panels and giving them away, never been lucky enough to be around when it happens.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #17
Briano
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Did you get the software too,or are you just going to to do the ladder at work and down load into your SLC 500 there.I was looking to use my SLC500,given to me.I have taken PLC1,2,3 classes and can program fairly well,CANT BEG,BORROW OR STEAL the software.S.O.L

Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #18
allclene
Beer, What a beautiful thing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOB
I plugged her in today and everything seems to be in good condition. The BATT LED did not turn on which means the battery is OK. It's a little surprising to me though.

The programming is part of what I do at work so that's not a problem. There's more than enough IO so I'm thinking I might sell some of the extra cards for some cash to start upgrading the brewery.
Do you have a thermalcouple card on there you don't need? If so let me know I need one.

My Automated Rig Forum: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/new-...-input-348808/

Quick Reply