Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermentation chamber in closet...safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Fermentation chamber in closet...safe?

Hey all, here's the story: I made an addition for my mini-fridge out of rigid foam insulation today. The original plan was to put it out in the shed, but electricity is cut to the shed at the moment and will be until my landlord gets around to fixing it. I don't have a big house, and while I do have a beer room, it is meant to be a bedroom and has an arc-sensing circuit breaker, so no fridges in there. The only place left was the closet by the front door, which turned out to be JUST big enough to fit it. I'm just wondering if the coils of the fridge in this tight of an enclosed space are going to be some kind of hazard. I really don't think so, especially since the fridge will only be keeping things around 60F, where the ambient room temp is around 70, so it shouldn't be that much of a load on it. Any opinions?

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
Korben
Recipes 

I like it...

Old 02-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Yeah, it is gonna be nice to be free of that swamp chiller nonsense. I found that to be unsanitary.

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 02-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Well it is chilling its first brew. I even put a mini-fan in there to aid the heat transfer. I'll probably take it out once the beer gets down to temp. It should happen faster this way.

Quick Reply