Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Ferm chamber/kegerator control question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
_JP_
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Ferm chamber/kegerator control question

Trying to make a side-by-side fridge into a ferm chamber (fridge) and kegerator (freezer). I have one set of contacts that controls the compressor/fan. The freezer "control" is a dial that mechanically moves a damper between the 2 sides.

I bought 2 dual-stage digital temp controllers to use for this (before I knew the damper was mechanical).

The other builds I've seen either demo the dividing wall to make the whole thing a ferm chamber (which isn't what I'm after here), or the fridge has electronic temp control for each side.

I'm thinking of adding a fan where the damper is for fridge side (for cooling), and having the freezer side run the compressor.

Anyone have experience with a setup like this?

Working on:
summer gardening

Upcoming projects:
NG line for outdoor burner

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
_JP_
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

edit: just found this link, which looks just like mine: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-s...ge-old-235085/

Anyone else?

Working on:
summer gardening

Upcoming projects:
NG line for outdoor burner

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply