Old 08-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #31
Bgrady34
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasbarbin
Thanks for the speedy reply MRT888!

I'm thinking about doing a single tower system with a 5 lb. CO2 tank and 1 pin lock keg. Do you think I will be able to fit this without cutting the shelf ledges, or no? I'd like this to be as easy as possible, since it will be my first kegerator.
Got one after reading MRT888 post about it, with out cutting anything one ball lock fits fine you just might have to raise the keg in the front a little because of the lip on the door. The second photo is after I took the door apart with a 5 lb. co2 tank on the shelf. I will have the post the other pics later after i was done. I just changed the door from wood ( shown) to maker board. As far as the foam after cutting the sides I used white silicone and a putty knife to cover them. It will also fit a 5 gal bucket after the door mod. Btw on sale at Target this week for 109.

Moe

PS first post here but have been reading quite a bit!

Sorry just saw you ask about pin lock kegs
image-653038699.jpg   image-3643045154.jpg  

Last edited by Bgrady34; 08-03-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #32
MRT888
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to catch up in this thread and see if there are any questions I can answer- for now, here is a nugget of info- can't reply to this PM b/c your inbox is full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullywee
great posting on the emerson fridge! did you drill holes through the top to bolt the tower on?? if so how far from your original hole?

Cheers
Kenneth
Thanks- hope it's been helpful! I did drill 4 small holes to bolt the tower on- what I did was line up the tower where I wanted it/ over the center hole and then mark with pencil through the outer holes. That let me know where to drill and is probably a safer bet that trying to measure especially if you went from mine since your tower might be a little different. I was careful with these 4 smaller holes to only go just through the outer plastic on the fridge. The screws that came with my tower are very short so they don't go all the way through, they just go through the outer plastic and disappear in the insulation. It has seemed plenty sturdy for me and I figured less holes/ destruction of the fridge was a good thing. Let me know if you have any more questions and how it turns out!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #33
MRT888
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Regarding pin-locks in this fridge: If you take off the plastic molding on the door as I did (replace with poster board or dry erase type board) I think 1 pin lock would fit- the issue is front to back- not positive how much bigger a pin lock is so I'd try to measure- let me know if you need any dimensions

Old 08-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #34
bullywee
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I just picked up one on sale @ Target, when I got it home I realized it was the wrong one - 4.5 cuft model # CR519B! It wont work
as the coolant lines run through the freezer shelf. I need to go back and see if they have 4.6cuft is the CR520B which is the only one on Target.com. I dont know if this is a new model or they have both? will post my findings.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #35
bullywee
Recipes 

so I took my 4.5 back and the sale sign says 4.6 but all the units on the shelves are 4.5. The sale ended last night so I got a rain check and will hit up another Target nearby for the 4.6.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #36
cricky101
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'm thinking of picking one of these up this week. Anyone know if a regular 'ale pail' fermenting bucket will fit in one of these if the sides/door are trimmed down?

-------------------
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #37
bullywee
Recipes 

Might not be deep enough because of the hump. Maybe if you built. A shelf over the hump you would get enough depth but you might run out of height

Old 09-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #38
geepmaley
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 16

The reviews on Target's website for whichever model they have on their (cannot find a model number) are terrible. For those of you who bought this, does it run? Seems to be lots of problems with this fridge per the Target website.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #39
thirstyutahn
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Welp I'm gonna be that guy that revives an ancient thread.
I saw this fridge on my local craigslist and wanted to know, has anyone has used it as a fermentation fridge?

If one of you kegerator guys could confirm this for me I'd really appreciate it. At 4.6 I've seen models similar that will fit an ale pail if you build a platform up to the hump.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
shabedue
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I'm using the 4.5L to do the same thing. I think that the coolant lines running through the freezer divider is kind of a convenience because all i need to do is unbolt it and move it out of the way. As far as I can tell the "hot" lines are on the sides of the fridge, although I'm still trying to locate a blue print for the thing so I don't have to hold my breath while I drill the holes.
I'm also going to be integrating a 5L mini-keg system I build previously into the back along with 2 pin locks for a total of 3 brews on tap.

I'll fallow the laws of man if they make perfect sense, if not I'm on my own.
Bottled/Kegged: Summer Saison, Simple Sweet Mead, Lemon hefeweizen, Blood Orange hefeweizen
Future: Max's (hopefully) improved IBA, coffee stout

Quick Reply