Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > ebay aquarium temp controller build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #2941
djbradle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here's a firesale http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.htmlprice. I've ordered through this site many times to verify fast shipping and cheap prices on hard to get items. It looks almost the same as the stc-1000 though a bit more generic.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #2942
raouliii
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbradle View Post
Here's a firesale http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.htmlprice. I've ordered through this site many times to verify fast shipping and cheap prices on hard to get items. It looks almost the same as the stc-1000 though a bit more generic.
That appears to be a single stage unit, so keep in mind that it's not quite the same as the dual-stage STC-1000.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #2943
djbradle
Recipes 

It does appear to be after looking at the stc-1000 more carefully. The single stage has only has six usable slots. This one has eight but the 5/6 lock dealy has me stumped, maybe for some other external controller? I am currently trying to contact the seller to confirm whether it is dual stage or not.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #2944
djbradle
Recipes 

If it actually is single stage no harm or foul for me since I already have the vissani 52 bottle wine cooler for my ferm chamber that is calibrated and holding 60 degrees ambient for my current bsda. This single stage digi unit (if it be) is still 1/3 the cost of a Johnson Controls A19AAT-2C freezer controller. I need one for just my freezer anyways. Can't beat 14 bucks plus what electrical supplies I already have on hand.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #2945
bken620
Recipes 

So I started reading this forum a few days ago and decided to purchase one of the STC-1000's via Ebay. I have gotten about halfway through all of the posts, so please don't berate me if this has already been posted, but I was looking on Amazon.com and found this controller for about the same price including shipping as you can find it on ebay. Has anyone had any experiences with purchasing form either of the sellers on amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=stc-1000

Old 08-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #2946
DeadGuyNick
Recipes 

Finally finished! Just tested and it appears to be working. Extending my mini fridge tomorrow, then I'll put it through a final test! It's really rough around the edges, the lights are uneven, and the controller is most definitely not straight. Maybe I'll get another box at some point and try again, but for now, function over fashion!

image-1988988625.jpg   image-1867686816.jpg  

Old 08-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #2947
DeadGuyNick
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
Duh, man I know it's ground, I've wired hundreds of 120v. stuff and yet my butt says "neutral"...

Blame it on the homebrew. Sorry for the slip-up there.
No worries! Got it all figured out and now it's up and running! A day late, now I'll have to wait until next Sunday to brew, but at least I'll have a nice new chamber to ferment in!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #2948
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3200 Times on 3105 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbradle
It does appear to be after looking at the stc-1000 more carefully. The single stage has only has six usable slots. This one has eight but the 5/6 lock dealy has me stumped, maybe for some other external controller? I am currently trying to contact the seller to confirm whether it is dual stage or not.
It is single stage. If you run a jumper between 5&6, it "locks" the settings so that they can't be changed in the programming menus.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 08-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #2949
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bken620 View Post
So I started reading this forum a few days ago and decided to purchase one of the STC-1000's via Ebay. I have gotten about halfway through all of the posts, so please don't berate me if this has already been posted, but I was looking on Amazon.com and found this controller for about the same price including shipping as you can find it on ebay. Has anyone had any experiences with purchasing form either of the sellers on amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=stc-1000
Nope but Amazon is really good about customer service, so if you have issues they usually go over and above to make it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #2950
djbradle
Recipes 

Here's a link If anyone wants it already done http://us.aliexpress.com/snapshot/20...Redirect=false.

I believe both plugs cannot be used at the same time or one relay closes while another one opens so a fermenting chamber for heating and freezer/fridge for lagering would run in this format.

Does the STC-1000 run both heating/cooling at the same time? I tried to read the whole thread but it's veeeery time consuming.

Quick Reply