Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > ebay aquarium temp controller build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #2901
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
Sounds like you're using a unit like mine, a single-stage WILLHI unit. I can only set to whole numbers, not decimals. I don't know if the STC-1000 can set a temp to decimal.

Can you post a picture of your unit? (please don't take that request out of context!)
Yes, the STC-1000 adjusts to one decimal place *C.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #2902
DustinBrimer
Recipes 

On the OP's schematic, what do the little black nodules coming off of 5 & 7 represent? Is some kind of resistor needed in any line?

Also, I have a handful of new outlets to work with and I can't find a "tab" to snap off anywhere...anybody have a picture of what to look for?

Thanks guys,

Dustin

Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #2903
rack04
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinBrimer View Post
On the OP's schematic, what do the little black nodules coming off of 5 & 7 represent? Is some kind of resistor needed in any line?

Also, I have a handful of new outlets to work with and I can't find a "tab" to snap off anywhere...anybody have a picture of what to look for?

Thanks guys,

Dustin
They are wire nuts.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #2904
DustinBrimer
Recipes 

Awesome, thanks!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #2905
medusa1066
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Three Gang Box...

Two receptacles, wiring, and a STC-1000 do not fit so good in a three gang box.....

Old 08-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #2906
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa1066 View Post
Two receptacles, wiring, and a STC-1000 do not fit so good in a three gang box.....
Get a 6x6x4 PVC box from Home Depot. Can fit two STC's and 4 sets of outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 08-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #2907
bryix
Recipes 

Hey guys. I'm a bit late to the party and have five tabs open at different intervals of this 290 page thread trying to find a definitive answer.

Here's the situation: Saw the thread and thought it would be a spectacular idea. Planning on going about it in the same way as OP.

The question/request: Does the way that the OP wired/designed his system work for hot and cold? And if not, what needs to be changed.

Also, anyone have the most absolute idiot-proof schematic on how to wire it for hot/cold on one receptacle? Me not so smart after 5 beerses. Danke.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #2908
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3227 Times on 3128 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryix
Hey guys. I'm a bit late to the party and have five tabs open at different intervals of this 290 page thread trying to find a definitive answer.

Here's the situation: Saw the thread and thought it would be a spectacular idea. Planning on going about it in the same way as OP.

The question/request: Does the way that the OP wired/designed his system work for hot and cold? And if not, what needs to be changed.

Also, anyone have the most absolute idiot-proof schematic on how to wire it for hot/cold on one receptacle? Me not so smart after 5 beerses. Danke.
Yes, the way the OP wired it works for both hot and cold. The schematic you're after is in the very first post of this thread.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #2909
ManOfStraw
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemash

Thanks for the image link!

also, I am going to do the heat, cool, fan with a relay and self contain the whole thing in a project box, the fourth outlet I will make always hot for an extra power outlet for my grain mill etc..... does this wiring diagram which I modified make sense?

I want to make sure I have this right before I begin building

thanks
The image link seems to be broken, any chance you still have the wiring schematic for this setup?

Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #2910
cwi
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfStraw View Post
The image link seems to be broken, any chance you still have the wiring schematic for this setup?
I think his lawyer told him to remove the link. Of course that was only after he got someone to verify his schematic so he has someone to sue if something goes wrong.

There are various alternatives that will give the same or better performance than adding a relay. Much easier and better for serving or fermenting is to have the fan run full time. Plug it in the wall, or make an always powered outlet on the box.

If for some reason you only want to have a fan running when actively cooling or heating, a second fan can be added more cheaply than adding a relay. If you are having to ask how to wire up the relay, it is much simpler as well.

Quick Reply