Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > ebay aquarium temp controller build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #1411
camiller
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudu81 View Post
Third time the charm?

I really do appreciate all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I think so. A bit curious about what your doing with two controllers like this. The way it is wired in your last diagram you will have on the first controller a set up such that when temp falls below a set point a heater will come on and when when the temp goes above the cooling set point a fan will come on. On the other side, when the temp goes above the cooling set point the compressor will come on and when the temp falls below the heating set point a fan will come on. Guess I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #1412
ponso
Recipes 

Default thanks!!!

hello, wanted to say tons of thanks! (I skipped all the threads in between)
I followed the first setup and my fridge is running smoothly. I bought a cheap plastic container from WMart $5. Also hacked an extension cord because my fridge is far from an outlet. My probe is inside a water bottle in the fridge.
If I were to do it again, I would have relocated the display on the side of the box because it is sitting on top of my fridge and it would be easier to read.
Also I would hack a power strip and installed also so that the box would also provide normal power not related to the thermo.

power.jpg  

Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #1413
rudu81
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Yes, I think so. A bit curious about what your doing with two controllers like this. The way it is wired in your last diagram you will have on the first controller a set up such that when temp falls below a set point a heater will come on and when when the temp goes above the cooling set point a fan will come on. On the other side, when the temp goes above the cooling set point the compressor will come on and when the temp falls below the heating set point a fan will come on. Guess I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish?
Your summary is correct. It's for a side-by-side that is in my garage. The outside temp here goes from below freezing to maybe somewhere in the 90s F, so I wanted to be able to control each side for both cooling and heating. If you want to see the build so far, I have this thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #1414
o4_srt
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudu81

Your summary is correct. It's for a side-by-side that is in my garage. The outside temp here goes from below freezing to maybe somewhere in the 90s F, so I wanted to be able to control each side for both cooling and heating. If you want to see the build so far, I have this thread
Looks good to me, I'm doing the same thing with my dual zone, 25 square foot ferm chamber. Will be able to have 20 gallons fermenting at once as soon as the second controller arrives.

Conditioning: Muddy Paw Nut Brown Ale, Jump The Fence Independence Cream Ale

Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #1415
ere109
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Are there many people interested in getting in on a group buy for the 110v transformers?

Old 05-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #1416
RonRock
Always Ready
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ere109 View Post
Are there many people interested in getting in on a group buy for the 110v transformers?

You mean the controller this thread is about? Or has there been discussion about a transformer that I have missed? I can't believe how this thread has taken off.

Anyway, if you are talking about the controller. Would there be a price that would make the controller and shipping cost effective? If so I'd be in for a couple.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #1417
Chrisl77
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The transformer he is refering to is from purchasing the 220v version. To make it work with 110v you need to replace the 220v transformer with a 110v version. No need to replace the transformer if you have one that works on 110v.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #1418
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ere109 View Post
I'd be interested. How much are they going for in bulk?
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Old 05-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #1419
brehuh
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you are talking about the one this thread is talking about. I would be in for one

Old 05-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #1420
NickN72
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehuh View Post
If you are talking about the one this thread is talking about. I would be in for one
This thread is about a temp controller, not a transformer. The transformer they are talking about is the 110 transformer to put inside the 220 controller that a lot of us bought by mistake. If that's what you're looking for pm Wayne1, he was going to put together the order for the replacement transformers.

Quick Reply