Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Does anyone make a 5 cu. ft. freezer in black?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
AStrafaccia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just used an appliance epoxy paint from home depot http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100141519/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=appliance+epoxy&storeId=10051#.URKWZaX Q-S0

It looks great, just sprayed it on. No problem at all (don't try and use it inside tho... whew! that was a bad decision.

People come over and assume it was bought black. Also I just used a big "magnum" sharpie for the weather stripping, looks awesome IMO.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
befus
Mr. Infecto
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStrafaccia View Post

It looks great, just sprayed it on. No problem at all (don't try and use it inside tho... whew! that was a bad decision.

People come over and assume it was bought black. Also I just used a big "magnum" sharpie for the weather stripping, looks awesome IMO.
Awesome job, and thank you, that is exactly what I want. There is just something about black enamel and dark stained wood that I (and you obviously) like. That 1x6 oak on the collar? One of these days.

Award winning:
Northern Brown Ale

"Guess I'll watch some TV, cuz it's nice to see people more messed up than me."

Primary:
Bottled: Wee Ain't Heavy (Wee Heavy);
Kegged: Brown Rhyno Old Ale (Rye Knot+ clone); Second Amendment Vanilla/Bourbon Porter; Pale Ale (a'la EdWort's Haus Pale);
On Deck: Northern Brown; Kolsch; Apricot wheat,

Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
AStrafaccia
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by befus View Post
Awesome job, and thank you, that is exactly what I want. There is just something about black enamel and dark stained wood that I (and you obviously) like. That 1x6 oak on the collar? One of these days.
Thanks! Yeah I think its really classy looking.
Yup its red oak 1x6 with a cabernet stain, 1x8 does have a lot of advantages.
Mostly being able to attach your regulator to collar instead of the top, and more room for a 5th keg on the hump, or just having the 4th one there without dealing with how tight 4 on the floor is. (but I think the extra two inches look weird with proportions and stuff)

Quick Reply