New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Do you think this will fit two cornies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
LoviBlonde
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Do you think this will fit two cornies?

I'm looking to buy a used fridge for a kegerator that will fit two cornies and a 5lb Co2. I'm looking at this one Danby 'Beverage Cooler' DBC120BLS - found a nice used one. I'll bring measuring tape and maybe cut out circular pieces of carboard to make sure they'll fit, but I was just curious in the meantime. Based on these pictures and stats, do you think I'll be able to fit two? My main concern is the at bottom "floor", it looks split, like the compressor juts out. Do you think the room it leaves will be enough?

3.3 cu interior / 92 L
"Fits 120 soda cans"
Removable shelves, no freezer

Outside dimensions
Dimensions (L x W x H):
20 in. x 17.6 in. x 33.6 in
51 cm x 44.9 cm x 84 cm

Again my main concern is that the floor is split. If that wasn't there, it looks like it would fit easily. The red bull shot makes it look very tiny, but the empty one, looks about half way?

Any thoughts? Thanks! (Or any other issues I'm overlooking, drilling, temp, cooling lines, etc?)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 56

http://www.micromatic.com/beer-questions/sizes-keg-draft-beer-available-aid-11.html

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
LoviBlonde
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks. I've seen that site and done the calculations based on it, but still I think it all depends on that raised part in the floor and I was wondering if anyone can eyeball these pictures better than me. Or maybe if anyone has converted this one before?

I'm sort of leaning on the side that two won't fit unfortunately. Please, someone prove me wrong

Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
wilserbrewer
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 331 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 7

at only 3.3 cf, I would say too small....but a ruler will give you a better answer.

Expert tailor and supplier of custom sized, top quality BIAB bags, hop bags and ratchet pulleys at reasonable pricing

http://biabbags.webs.com/

CORONA MILL BUCKET SYSTEM V. 2.0

Quick Reply