Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Do you know a bit about Electricity?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
adamreef
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by processhead View Post
See specifications section of data sheet link. http://www.controlproductsonline.com/documents/TC-9102%20Manual%2042420054A.pdf

Both versions have relay contacts that are compatible with the load of a freezer. The relay contacts will be wired to switch 120 volts AC to your freezer and heater

The only real difference between the LV and HV models is the supply voltage required for the controller.

The HV version will be a cleaner build since it won't require an extra stepdown transformer, but the LV version will work fine.
After re-reading the spec sheet, I do agree that the LV unit will safely switch your freezer. That said, it will take more time and money to find, buy and install more parts and leave you with a more complex set-up. Why bother with all of that when you can just return the LV version and get a HV version?

Adam

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #22
the75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamreef View Post
After re-reading the spec sheet, I do agree that the LV unit will safely switch your freezer. That said, it will take more time and money to find, buy and install more parts and leave you with a more complex set-up. Why bother with all of that when you can just return the LV version and get a HV version?

Adam
Well, mainly cost. I got this unit for $18. The units normally go for $56ish. I still have to go buy parts to complete this as it needs to be wired with an outlet. Even if I get the HV version, I'll still have to wire it with a junction box & an outlet. The only thing I'd be avoiding would be adding the transformer as far as I can tell.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply