HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkleJon View Post
I am insanely jealous of your collection
Thanks but you should see Fat Jeffrey's wifes collection. She has over 2500 bottles. They really need a cooler themselves...
On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #572
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1065 Times on 795 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrenarzt View Post
Thanks but you should see Fat Jeffrey's wifes collection. She has over 2500 bottles. They really need a cooler themselves...
Well, you are the one to tell them how to build it. Holy everything that is hoppy, malty and yeasty. I really need to get working. My collection is a whole... 3 large.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #573
Irrenarzt
HNIC

Recipes 

I've been busy with work and life so no real progress to report in the cooler. Next weekend being Learn to Homebrew day, and the following having to judge a local comp, I won't have much time in the next couple of weeks. That said, Ghettogyle Greg did come over and help me with a few pre-brew tasks we needed to cover.

Tap handle holder:

20 gallon RO reservoir:

Water runs to a valve with a QD right above where I usually brew:

Still need to shore that up a tad and run a flexible line that I will use to fill my HLT directly. No more trips to the store or carboys to lift. Booyah! I'll be able to remove the flex line with the QD and store it so I won't hit my head on it or anything.

We also rebuilt the Monster Mill with Fred's new style end plates:

These new eccentric knobs eliminate the old from the side of the end plate set screws which kind of suck. These set screws used to make it cumbersome to remove the hopper to clean the mill so maintenance was usually put off. Didn't test the mill but it feels like it is spinning nicely. We set the gap a little tighter as well as the crush wasn't as nice as it should have been in my last few brews.

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Old 10-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #574
Shockerengr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Sorry to do that to you guys. That is not my intention. I did this to a house I've lived in for that past 12 years. I think that's the best way to go instead of buying a newer/bigger house and taking on more debt.

Just tell them it's a money saver as you'll be getting rid of the chest freezers and they can put the leftover turkey in there after they clean up on Thanskgiving. It's a win/win.
Lol, no worries, she's actually wanted one for a while too...current house is just too small for it, and not enough land to add on with.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #575
Shockerengr
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

And is that just a standard pressure tank for the RO reservoir?

Old 10-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #576
Irrenarzt
HNIC

Recipes 

Yes standard pressure tank. Got it from Amazon for 206 shipped. We put it in series with my RO system under my kitchen sink which is on the other side of the garage wall. There is a 3 gallon tank there as well. You don't see it but there is also a post tank polishing filter before the outlet shown the above post.

Ghettogyle Greg used to professionally install RO systems so he's very familiar with this stuff. He's ordered a bunch of new upgrades for me so in a couple weeks, we will install more goodies to enhance the RO system even further but for now it is running and I can get to brewing here fairly soon.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #577
johnsnownw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'm still curious about power consumption...so when you get a chance to look at that let me know.

Otherwise, it came together really well...and everything else you've got going on with the brew set-up is just ridiculous...ridiculous in the best possible way.

Check out my friends art, or don't, whatever http://www.jvandike.com

Old 10-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #578
Irrenarzt
HNIC

Recipes 

Wild Bill came over today with his big FLIR camera and scoped out the entire cooler. No pics but he didn't find any issues. There is a very slight differential at the bottom corners of the door but it looks good otherwise. Nothing around the AC unit which was a main concern of mine besides the door. I think we did it right.

Greg is coming over demanding that we finish the taps. Right now.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #579
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
I think we did it right.

Greg is coming over demanding that we finish the taps. Right now.
Darn straight it was done right. Let's see some homebrew flowing out of those taps SOON!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #580
Irrenarzt
HNIC

Recipes 

We got lines run but the box isn't mounting up quite right so we had to abandon the progress. We will get back to it soon I hope. There are some tolerance issues between the 2x4 subframe and the outer case Solar Steve made.

Quick Reply