diy conical cheap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblott1

Reaction score
i have read a lot of threads about people using plastic food grade inductor tanks as their conicals and just making their own stands. i found a great deal on on with FREE SHIPPING!!!! i thought i would pass it along

Search results for: 'inductor tank' America's Farm & Home Store

i just got a 30 gallon full drain for $80.99!!! with........and i know i already said it........FREE SHIPPING!!!!

just thought i would spread the word

happy brewing!

The stand is a separate option for $65, seems most people build their own.

got the 15 gallon and they ship fast. I have 13 gallons of Vienna Lager bubbling away in it now.

yeah, no stand came with mine but i've seen lots of people build one out of a piece of plywood and some 2x4s. i just couldnt believe the free shipping.

yup... look at the banner on the page... I think it was FREESHIP... unless they moved it....

WAit... just checked... yup... still there... GREAT deal... I think you can build one for like under 80 bucks

I plan on purchasing two of the plastic conicals and make a dual-conical fermentation stand with temp controller. There are many threads I have read on this forum that have given me my design ideas and I can't wait to post my results!

FYI, be sure you're ordering the tank and not the stand. I ordered on my cell phone and grabbed the first thing that came up as 15 gal full drain. I was not overly pleased to find the 15 gallon full drain STAND on my front step today.

I double checked and I did actually order the stand but apparently didn't read the description well enough. Oh well, I guess I saved myself the hassle of building one.

mine said it comes with 2" FPT so im going to get a reducer from 2" to either 1 1/2" or 1" (depends on the price of a 1 1/2" ball valve). i want to do all threads so i can undo it to clean it. i've seen some people to pvc fittings but i like the thread w/ teflon tape so that i can take it apart easily and clean it. does anyone out there know where to get a good deal on 1 1/2" ball valves? or maybe just 1"? i order my racking port (which came today) but they didnt sell valves that large (that i could see). fyi....cant wait till tues....the 30gal shows up via ups

dblott1 said:
mine said it comes with 2" FPT so im going to get a reducer from 2" to either 1 1/2" or 1" (depends on the price of a 1 1/2" ball valve). i want to do all threads so i can undo it to clean it. i've seen some people to pvc fittings but i like the thread w/ teflon tape so that i can take it apart easily and clean it. does anyone out there know where to get a good deal on 1 1/2" ball valves? or maybe just 1"? i order my racking port (which came today) but they didnt sell valves that large (that i could see). fyi....cant wait till tues....the 30gal shows up via ups

Check out "super simple conical..." in this forum. Tons of great info and parts lists there...

Look at your local Napa auto parts. Ask to see their PSA/balkamp catalog, and look for the ag section. Their are several polypropylene ballvalves,bulkheads, camlocks, and other fittings.

just showed up in the mail!!!! fantastic!!! very easy to build the frame like i saw other do here. and i siliconed under the rim of the lid attachment like i saw others do. cant wait till the 1 1/2" SS ball valve gets here

P1030042.jpg

Just ordered my 15 gal Full Drain Conical for 61.99 Free Shipping coupon code case sensitive FREESHIP. I have been looking everywhere and this is definitely the best. Thanks HBT posters!:mug:

Latest posts

Back