LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #331
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1236 Times on 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesvdustin View Post
I built mine exactly like the original last night. Works awesome! I thought that I would have to press the lever on the sprayer to get it to flow, but the flow starts as soon as I open the tap. Either way, works wonders!
If you saved the white plastic gasket from the original assembly, if you insert the wide end of that inside the A176 before threading it onto the sprayer, the other end will seal against the "trigger" plunger, making it functional...

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #332
DPBISME
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Cool... I have a six tap keggerator and I have been trying to figure out an easy whay to clean it.

What I have been doing is using Cobra Heads instead of the taps so I don't have to clean them... This causes a little problem will all the condensation that builds up each time I open the chest freezer.

The part I needed to understand was the fitting on the Firestone Ball lock because I want to mount six of them on a copper or pvc tube, connect that to a sump-pump, and clean all six at once... I really hate clean the damn thing so it would be worth it to me to spend the money...

Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #333
day_trippr
Recipes 

I think the volume of pressurized air you'd need to clean six faucets at the same time would exceed that available with these small sprayers. If you don't just commit a corny keg and CO2 to cleaning duty, I'd look to base a more practical solution on a polyethylene pump sprayer between 2 and 3 gallons capacity...

Cheers!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #334
ResumeMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

OK, after a month or so of fruitlessly looking around my LHBSs for the appropriate post fitting, I finally stopped screwing around and bought the post at the link provided by the OP. It arrived yesterday, and I just put this thing together. Assembly was a snap, the interesting thing was that the biggest leak I had was between the pump fitting and the adapter, not between the adapter and the post fitting. A couple turns of teflon tape took care of that one as well.

I decided not to try to use the washer to activate the trigger; I figured that having to use the trigger would be more of a pain than it was worth, since I have the faucet as an on/off switch.

Once I had it assembled I took it for a test run, and it worked flawlessly. I thought the flow rate was a bit on the slow side, but I only gave it maybe 10-15 pumps, do people pump it more, or is the trickle what should be expected?

Anyhow, a nice tool, thaks to geniz for developing this design.

I am not drunk! I am by nature a loud, friendly, clumsy person!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #335
day_trippr
Recipes 

Pump it more. I can get mine to push cleanser and rinse water through my faucets at the same rate that my beer flows. And the less head space in the sprayer the quicker you'll need to pump it up to keep things moving along...

Cheers!

Old 07-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #336
geniz
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

When I use mine I first pressurize the sprayer. After I start the flow I just keep pumping. That's the main reason I don't use the trigger.

If Necessity is the Mother of Invention, Laziness is Its Creepy Uncle

Old 07-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #337
day_trippr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniz View Post
When I use mine I first pressurize the sprayer. After I start the flow I just keep pumping. That's the main reason I don't use the trigger.
fwiw, the trigger has a lock to hold it "on". Works very well, too...

Cheers!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #338
ResumeMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

I did pre-pressure the sprayer, obviously just not that much. Not a problem really, just experimenting with my new toy. And even at that it was fast enough, just not very fast.

I am not drunk! I am by nature a loud, friendly, clumsy person!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #339
CaptainDucman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I took the idea of building a keg/carboy cleaner and married it with this idea. For ~$15 in pvc and fittings (HomeDepot) + ~$30 shipped for the pinlock fittings (E C Kraus) This was the most economical I could find and they were delivered in 3 days.

After completing the faucet disassembly cleaning/maintenance, Place the beerline attachment tree to the top of the keg cleaner. Connect the Beer Out lines from your kegs. Heat up you cleaner/sanitizer of choice. Open the ball valve (this just recirculates the cleaner back to the pump bucket, a crude way to regulate the water pressure), turn on the pump. Place another bucket under your faucets. Open the faucets, and slowly adjust the ball valve until the desired flow is achieved.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #340
geniz
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDucman
I took the idea of building a keg/carboy cleaner and married it with this idea. For ~$15 in pvc and fittings (HomeDepot) + ~$30 shipped for the pinlock fittings (E C Kraus) This was the most economical I could find and they were delivered in 3 days.

After completing the faucet disassembly cleaning/maintenance, Place the beerline attachment tree to the top of the keg cleaner. Connect the Beer Out lines from your kegs. Heat up you cleaner/sanitizer of choice. Open the ball valve (this just recirculates the cleaner back to the pump bucket, a crude way to regulate the water pressure), turn on the pump. Place another bucket under your faucets. Open the faucets, and slowly adjust the ball valve until the desired flow is achieved.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92R5Wv6XEE

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyRN1uAmcjk&feature=plcp
Wow!!

If Necessity is the Mother of Invention, Laziness is Its Creepy Uncle

Quick Reply