Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > diy bar for outdoor october wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
lucky7slw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Default diy bar for outdoor october wedding

I have seen a few diy projects for outdoor portable bars, but from what I have seen, I don't think I can afford some. I am on a very limited budget, since my buddy is paying for just the beer made, and I want to class it up. I am thinking of maybe trash can filled with ice up to a tower with pvc or galvanized to fit more with the theme, and covered around with a possible foldable structure to hide the kegging setup. I would love to make a jockey box, and can source all but the ss coils/cold plate cheaply, and was hoping this may be a cheap alternative. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible, and accessible to bartender for ice, since October in NC can be 50s to 80s, and the wedding is outside, I will probably need all the cooling I can get. I will be brewing 3 beers, and he says 3 5 gallons batches for 120 invited will be enough, plus he will have a couple cases of bmc for the cheapos.

If anyone has any experience or insight, all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
9Frogs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I just finished building a jockey box with the cold plate from Northern Brewer, but it wasn't cheap. I had some of the components from things I have upgraded on the kegerator (shanks, faucets) but the little stuff still gets you. I believe Biermuncher had a sticky on his setup in a trash can that would work well. Be aware though, that once you start doing this, you will become quite popular! Good luck, hope that reception with have some good NC 'que!

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her" WC Fields

lucky7slw Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
StubbornMack
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Search the term "krute" on the diy forum....sounds similar to what you are looking to do. Good luck with the build!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
SpentGrains
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I like the idea of using a wine barrel instead of a trash can, heavy but insulated and can be refinished to look amazing. Theres at least one in the kegerator thread, on my phone or i would link to it.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
brewzur
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/3747916955.html

Couldnt find one further away from you..but might find some inspiration in this..been wanting to make one for a while.

Quick Reply