Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Danby DAR125SLDD Kegerator Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 01:54 AM   #71
FatTonyTCL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_mc View Post
What did you use to cut the white board? Sorry about all the questions. I'm light on tools in my apt.
I used painters tape and a circle saw. I think any saw would work though just make sure you keep your board from vibrating too much. The excess parts without the painters tape chipped a bit so thats a step I wouldn't recommend skipping.
This pic shows the white board after it was cut.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #72
opusx11
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

DeNomad, I finally found the fridge at the Winterburn Costco, same model. I picked one up today, but am just going to ensure it works fully before I start destroying it. I think I'm in the same boat as the others though where the door does not have screws. I'll have to see if someone I know has a dremel or something to help get it off.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #73
donjonson
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNomad View Post
No. If you look at the photos the kegs almost reach the end of the fridge, maybe 1-2" from the edge. The drink holders on the door would bump into the kegs for sure.
I am able to get a single ball lock keg in this fridge without any modifications to the door. the only thing I had to do was remove the removable shelving from the opening side of the door. 1 keg fits in just fine.

On that note, has anyone with this fridge been able to get a ball lock keg + 1 commercial sixth keg in there? would that fit? a ball lock has 8.5" diameter and according to a web resource a sixth keg has a 9.25" diameter.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #74
donjonson
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNomad View Post
I don't think so. You *might* be able to squeeze an 11" diameter bucket. Here are the dimensions I measured when I was choosing between ball lock and pin lock kegs. Since the pin locks wouldn't fit as shown below I chose ball lock.

how did you measure the inner dimensions of the fridge with such accuracy?

Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #75
wsender
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjonson View Post
Yes, thousands of an inch is pretty precise...

Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #76
donjonson
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryfdez View Post
You have to remove the plastic mold on the inside door to be able to fit any kegs....if you do remove it (which is super easy and doesnt damage the fridge in any way) you will be able to fit up to 2 ball lock kegs, or one ball lock and one pin lock. If you only put one ball lock in there you would still have half of the fridge space for other stuff. Ive had it for some time now and I can honestly say its an awesome fridge.

Cheers!
how much wiggle room do you have with one ball lock and one pin lock? I am thinking about putting in a ball lock and a sixth commercial keg. the ball lock is 8.5" diameter and from what I gather online the sixth is 9.25" diameter. just .25 more than a pin lock do you think there is enough room in there for what I am trying to do?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #77
DeNomad
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I used a tape measure and a pair of calipers. Measured the width of the outside, then calipers on the wall thickness. Inner width = Outside width - 2*thickness. I forget how I measured the length but I likely did something similar. The gray dimensions are reference dimensions calculated by the CAD program.

Primary: Yooper_Brew's Dead Guy Clone, BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter
Kegged: BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale, Pliney the Elder Clone

Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #78
DeNomad
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
how much wiggle room do you have with one ball lock and one pin lock? I am thinking about putting in a ball lock and a sixth commercial keg. the ball lock is 8.5" diameter and from what I gather online the sixth is 9.25" diameter. just .25 more than a pin lock do you think there is enough room in there for what I am trying to do?

My recommendation is to cut out circles of cardboard of the correct diameter and toss them in there, see what you think. Be aware of the plastic tabs where the shelves sit since that is the tightest part of the fridge. Mark 3/4" away from the side wall, that is where the plastic tabs extend too.

Off the top of my head...
1 ball lock + 1 pin lock: Probably would need to cut out the bits of plastic the shelves sit on to make this work. 2 ball locks are very tight already.

1 ball lock + 1 commercial keg: Definitely need to cut out the bits of plastic the shelves sit on. No guarantee here. Kinda doubt it.

Primary: Yooper_Brew's Dead Guy Clone, BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter
Kegged: BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale, Pliney the Elder Clone

Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #79
nlanzillo
Recipes 

I just purchased this model, but can't seem to find any screws along the door. Pulled the gasket back, but zero screws. Any suggestions?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #80
BansheeRider
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlanzillo View Post
I just purchased this model, but can't seem to find any screws along the door. Pulled the gasket back, but zero screws. Any suggestions?
Danby now glues the shelving to the door and insulating foam. You have to cut around with a dremel or just cut the shelving out.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement.

Quick Reply