Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Danby DAR125SLDD Kegerator Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #51
opusx11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

DeNomad, nice to meet you again yesterday, and great thread. I'm going to do my best to explain to my wife why this is a good idea!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #52
DeNomad
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by opusx11 View Post
DeNomad, nice to meet you again yesterday, and great thread. I'm going to do my best to explain to my wife why this is a good idea!
Thanks man. My method was to invite the better half to live with me AFTER I had built my kegerator. Best of luck using reason in that discussion. I recommend "think how classy it would look next to the TV". In all serious, it looks good.

Primary: Yooper_Brew's Dead Guy Clone, BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter
Kegged: BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale, Pliney the Elder Clone

Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #53
PH1L
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNomad View Post
No. If you look at the photos the kegs almost reach the end of the fridge, maybe 1-2" from the edge. The drink holders on the door would bump into the kegs for sure.
Just to clarify on this one for others. I ended up buying the fridge anyways (DAR440BL from Walmart) and with only removing the right hand side door trays having a single ball lock fits with room to spare without having to take off the plastics.

Will post more pics when I finish the build but wanted (and am getting) a sweet single keg fridge for the office with plenty of room to still store food. Going to build a shelf system on the right side and will keep some cans in the door holder. Really wanted it to work this way so pretty stoked to say the least.
image.jpg  

Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #54
JayStizzo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Picked up one of these on craigslist today for $70, Its an older one with crews holding the door trim on too. It will be a slow process for me to build, but I cant wait to get started... Really appreciate the info on here

Old 10-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #55
PH1L
Recipes 

Alright here's the pics of my completed build. My model was the DAR440BL from Walmart for $170 brand new. Objective of the build was to have a single keg so half of the fridge could still be used for my lunch as this will be going under my desk at work.

Mission accomplished to say the least!

• Single ball lock with center mounted Perlick 525SS
  • 5lb CO2 tank on the hump
  • Didn't have to remove door plastics, only trays on right side so still get to use the 8x can holders
  • Will fit 6x bombers on the lower part of the right hand side as well leaving two shelves above for food

Great fridge and build totally exceeding my expectations!
dar440bl_single_keg.jpg  

Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #56
JayStizzo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
Alright here's the pics of my completed build. My model was the DAR440BL from Walmart for $170 brand new. Objective of the build was to have a single keg so half of the fridge could still be used for my lunch as this will be going under my desk at work.

Mission accomplished to say the least!
  • Single ball lock with center mounted Perlick 525SS
  • 5lb CO2 tank on the hump
  • Didn't have to remove door plastics, only trays on right side so still get to use the 8x can holders
  • Will fit 6x bombers on the lower part of the right hand side as well leaving two shelves above for food

Great fridge and build totally exceeding my expectations!

That's a cool build... Which my boss would let me have a kegerator under my desk

Old 11-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #57
xto
Recipes 

Hi everyone!

So I'm about to start the irreversible part of the build and I would just like to confirm something. I've got the DAR125SLDD and after the cornstarch test, it would seem like there's no refrigerant lines running along the top except in the front edge of the fridge... Me being the insecure DIY-er, I'd like to confirm that I did the cornstarch test correctly, as there are no undos in drilling

Thanks !

Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #58
ObiDon
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
So I'm about to start the irreversible part of the build
So how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Don

Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #59
xto
Recipes 

It went well, though I should have test-driven my work. Turns out I forgot to put back the plastic top before measuring the length of the screws I needed. I'll have to go back to the store to get longer screws.

That being said, I couldn't find 1" copper pipes at my local hardware store, so I bought some plumbing line insulation (black foam tube) for about $1cnd. So far the lines are kept cool since I use the same room to ferment and the temp is low (60F-68F). Once I'm done fermenting my latest batch, I'm willing to bet I'll have to install a fan like most Danby builds have.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #60
ObiDon
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

That's great to hear. I will be picking my DAR125SLDD up ftom Costco this weekend. I'm anxious about the modifications but excited to start kegging my beers.

Did you have any trouble removing the plastic door panel?

Don

Quick Reply