Originally Posted by Loweface
Looks good to me. how did you cut the top one?
I used a jig saw and cut the cooler so the inside liner was cut at the top of the spigot hole.
The outer shell was cut above the spigot where the shell goes all the way around. (This was done carefully as not to cut the inner liner).
Then I used a screwdriver to clean out some of the foam so that the top would set down over the threads of the bottom cooler.
You can see the color difference on the outer shell.
Nothing likes to adhere to polyproplene. So with the threads of the bottom cooler and the ridges of the upper cooler I thought putting liquid nails in there and letting it harden it might work.
This is how I placed them together.
There are a couple pieces of wood underneath standing on edge so the disc would stay at the right level I wanted.
Then for extra measure I added some weight to the top and let it dry.
Once that was done I used a clear kitchen silicone caulking and buttered that around the seam.