Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Cooler MLT recirculation / vorlauf port through lid - need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3220 Times on 3123 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I just used a 1/2" brass tee on top (to allow for a thermowell) and a 1/2" male copper fitting on the underside. I then put a short length of 1/2" silicone hose on the end of the copper fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakit24 View Post
Yea making sure it is the right level is a problem without peeking. I have seen some people put a float shut-off valve so when it goes too low it open the water valve, but like OneHoppyGuy said you don't have to worry about that unless your going to FLY sparge with it.
Fixed.

No need to look even during the sparge when batch sparging.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #12
robodeath
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1 View Post
I use this:

On the top of the lid is a 90* elbow with a male camlock fitting. It screws to a barb on the inside of the lid. Then I have two sparge arms for my system. The short one shown is for either 10 gal batches or high gravity 5 gal batches. I have one with a longer piece of tubing for low gravity 5 gal batches. Total cost is something like 20 bucks (if that).
What is the white thing at the end?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply