Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Cooler Mash Tun Tipper

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
chapa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Cooler Mash Tun Tipper

Built a box to hold my cooler MLT and arranged it to allow the cooler to tip at a good angle, while keeping it from slipping and falling or tipping all the way over. I made mention of this in a diff thread about how recirculation helped make my brew day more efficient, which was pretty exciting for me, maybe not so much for others But I thought this would be a more appropriate section of the forum, to share my little contraption.

I was originally thinking of making this box into a swingset style, with the A frame and hinges, using some kind of "kick stand" to hold it up/back. This would have been nice, but I think the way I did it was a little easier. The one thing that is still difficult, is lifting the cooler to wedge the 2x4 under the back. Having a hinge would definitely make this easier.

Bottled/Kegged: Red Rye IPA, Wesside Trip(Westmalle Tripel clone), ESB, Lil Trap (4% Trappist Starter Batch), Robust (Pumpkin) Porter, 3% Little Hopper, "Slick Rick" Old Engine Oil Clone(oaked w/ vanilla and balvenie scotch), Imperial RyePA,
On Deck: Quad, Belgian IPA, Orfy's Mild, Scotch Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply