Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Converting the Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft Chest Freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #81
windycity_brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Love Controller

New member here. First, thanks for posting this build. I've gone through several threads of builds and keep coming back to yours for the main inspiration. I've decided to use the same freezer and temp controller but was curious as to which probe you went with since you are keeping it in a glass of water. Did you go w/ a metal one (stainless or brass) or pvc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #82
Quaffer
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity_brew View Post
...but was curious as to which probe you went with since you are keeping it in a glass of water. Did you go w/ a metal one (stainless or brass) or pvc?
I used the sensor that came with the controller, I beleive it is the TS-7. It is dipped in epoxy and it appears to be water proof.
Welcome to HBT

Alcohol, the source of - and solution to - all of life’s problems. H.J.S.
My keezer, My E-brewery build thread, How I soldered 1" nut for heater

Old 10-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #83
minsco1
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I just completed a build - minus the temp. controller, which is in the mail - with this thread as the primary inspiration, thanks a lot for all of the information (that includes posters who posted their alterations and adaptations)!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #84
Indyking
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quaffer, your set up is absolutely fantastic. I'm totally inspired by it and will try to do something similar, except my magic chef freezer is smaller (5.5 cu ft) and is white, so I will have to come up with some wood paint that goes along with white. Anyway, can you make me a favor? Can you tell me what the height of the CO2 tank including the dual gauge regulator is? I plan to put it inside the freezer and need that info to figure out how tall the collar should be before buying the wood.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #85
Teaman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just finishing my Kenmore black 8.8 cf build. Looks awesome and I too decided on this because of this thread and one other that showed a black keezer. I went with a 3 faucet stainless steel perlicks and am at the point to add a stainless steel bottle opener and a drip tray to finish it off. Actually just did my first keg today and it's in there carbin' up!

I'm glad I went the $ and did black. Looks really nice despite a rookie first timer build.

INDYKING.
Just saw your note. I have a 5lb CO2 with the regulator straight up it measures about 19-19.5 inches high.

Carbing Up: Simply Hefe
On Tap: Fat Tire, Watneys Cream Stout, Bombshell Blonde

Old 10-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #86
Quaffer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Can you tell me what the height of the CO2 tank including the dual gauge regulator is? I plan to put it inside the freezer and need that info to figure out how tall the collar should be before buying the wood.
Thanks.
My 5# tank with regulator is just over 19" tall.
By the way, ball lock kegs stand 52" tall.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #87
Quaffer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaman View Post
Just finishing my Kenmore black 8.8 cf build. Looks awesome and I too decided on this because of this thread and one other that showed a black keezer. I went with a 3 faucet stainless steel perlicks and am at the point to add a stainless steel bottle opener and a drip tray to finish it off. Actually just did my first keg today and it's in there carbin' up!

I'm glad I went the $ and did black. Looks really nice despite a rookie first timer build.
Glad to hear it!
I have no beers in mine right now! Just a keg of lemon water and Edwort's Apfelwein. I have four batches of beer in the pipeline, though, the first to be kegged next weekend.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #88
Indyking
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaman View Post

INDYKING.
Just saw your note. I have a 5lb CO2 with the regulator straight up it measures about 19-19.5 inches high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaffer View Post
Glad to hear it!
I have no beers in mine right now! Just a keg of lemon water and Edwort's Apfelwein. I have four batches of beer in the pipeline, though, the first to be kegged next weekend.
Thanks for the height measure guys. I already have a white small freezer, so I'm thinking 2 kegs only will fit, which is what I need, but if I had to buy a freezer I would definitely buy a black one. It looks neat with the finished wood collar. By the way Quaffer, why do you keep lemon water in the keg? To clean it?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #89
Quaffer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
By the way Quaffer, why do you keep lemon water in the keg? To clean it?
LOL! To drink! It is like flavored carbonated water that you can buy at the grocery store. I drink it with dinner and it can serve as a mixer too.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 AM   #90
Indyking
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaffer View Post
LOL! To drink! It is like flavored carbonated water that you can buy at the grocery store. I drink it with dinner and it can serve as a mixer too.
I see, well my mom like to use lemon juice to clean stuff, because its acidity, so I thought maybe you were doing the same... LOL

Tags
frigidaire, keezer, kegerator

Quick Reply