Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Converting the Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft Chest Freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #401
DariusFresh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

sorry to post a million times. do you have a decent cycle time? i just don't wanna short cycle the compressor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #402
Pieceman
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFresh View Post
sorry to post a million times. do you have a decent cycle time? i just don't wanna short cycle the compressor.
It probably kicks on once every 45 minutes.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #403
DariusFresh
Recipes 

Working getting it dialed in now. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #404
DariusFresh
Recipes 

For some reason, my fridge either sits at 35 degrees or 45 degrees. Looks like I'll be getting a live temp controller after all. At least it looks cool!

Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 AM   #405
Pieceman
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFresh View Post
For some reason, my fridge either sits at 35 degrees or 45 degrees. Looks like I'll be getting a live temp controller after all. At least it looks cool!
There is no reason why it should be fluctuating so much. Are you checking the ambient temperature or the temperature in a glass of water? I have very consistent temps on my glass of water/brew.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #406
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pola0502ds View Post
I have a kegerator that has 2 taps. I have a CO2 tank with dual regulators. 1 regulator goes to a 2 way manifold and the other regulator goes to a 3 way manifold. My kegerator can hold 5 kegs but I only have 4 taps. The idea is that I have a beer serving while I am force carbing a keg. Then when all the beer is carbed up, I can set both regulators to the same serving pressure allowing me to have 4 beers on tap.

I'm trying to understand how force carbing works, say I have 2 beers and i want one at 2.5 volumes of CO2 and the other at 3.0 volumes. Can I techinally carb one at 2.5 then hook it up to a regulator that is set at serving pressure then carb the other a 3.0 and then hook it up to the same regulator at serving pressure, will both beers remain at 2.5 and 3? Or will they drop?
Can anyone help me out with the above question?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #407
DariusFresh
Recipes 

It's holding steady. The problem is when I turn the fine adjustment screw to warm it up a bit, it starts holding the temp of my water like 5-10 degrees warmer, just from a fraction of an inch turn. Maybe I'll try to make some more fine adjustments using the coarse adjustment screw.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #408
Gimlet
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
I have a kegerator that has 2 taps. I have a CO2 tank with dual regulators. 1 regulator goes to a 2 way manifold and the other regulator goes to a 3 way manifold. My kegerator can hold 5 kegs but I only have 4 taps. The idea is that I have a beer serving while I am force carbing a keg. Then when all the beer is carbed up, I can set both regulators to the same serving pressure allowing me to have 4 beers on tap.

I'm trying to understand how force carbing works, say I have 2 beers and i want one at 2.5 volumes of CO2 and the other at 3.0 volumes. Can I techinally carb one at 2.5 then hook it up to a regulator that is set at serving pressure then carb the other a 3.0 and then hook it up to the same regulator at serving pressure, will both beers remain at 2.5 and 3? Or will they drop?
Quote:
Can anyone help me out with the above question?
If you do it the way described above, the kegs will eventually equilibrate to whatever volumes of CO2 your "serving pressure" will maintain. Serving pressure should be set to maintain the desired volumes of CO2, so you would need different pressures to keep two beers at the same temperature but different volumes of CO2. See Bobby M's sticky in the kegging forum for a good discussion: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/keg-...strated-73328/

Old 07-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #409
drummermattie02
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Is anybody using pin locks with the Frigidaire 7.2?

*deleted

Last edited by drummermattie02; 07-29-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Moving to a new thread

Old 08-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #410
BiteSize
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

First off, THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who posted their builds and especially to Quaffer for the inspiration!!

Here is my take on the 7.2 Frigidaire Keezer. After weeks of work, a bit at a time, the project is finished. Had a pretty rough start with getting an acceptable freezer from Lowes in the first place. It took three attempts before I got a freezer that wasn't totally ruined with dents all over the place. I know I am not the only one to suffer this misfortune. Third time is a charm I suppose. With the two week waiting period between each freezer, the project got started about 6 weeks behind schedule!

The important thing is that it is completed in time for my wedding this coming Saturday(SWMBO approved). I will be serving up a RyePA, Wheaten Pils, and an American Brown Ale for the reception.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the final product. Thanks again to everyone for posting! Cheers!

jnc_0731.jpg   jnc_0736.jpg  

Tags
frigidaire, keezer, kegerator

Quick Reply