Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Converting the Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft Chest Freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #221
mtbiker278
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The square keg was more a sarcastic comment. I have no plans to beat on them as most of them already have enough dents. I think I might end up doing a similar build with the GE 7.0 freezer. I've seen a number of picutres where people got 4 kegs to fit, although it was tight. However, I think it would require a taller collar to fit kegs on the hump (10"). I'd like to have 4 on the floor for serving and one on the hump for carbing with some room for other stuff (bottles/hops/yeast).

There is a frigidaire 9.0ft freezer going for $267 at Lowes at the moment. The 7.2 is $249. Might be worth the extra money.

Prepare for Ludicrous Speed! Keezer Build

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #222
Quaffer
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker278 View Post
The square keg was more a sarcastic comment. I have no plans to beat on them as most of them already have enough dents. I think I might end up doing a similar build with the GE 7.0 freezer. I've seen a number of picutres where people got 4 kegs to fit, although it was tight. However, I think it would require a taller collar to fit kegs on the hump (10"). I'd like to have 4 on the floor for serving and one on the hump for carbing with some room for other stuff (bottles/hops/yeast).

There is a frigidaire 9.0ft freezer going for $267 at Lowes at the moment. The 7.2 is $249. Might be worth the extra money.
For the Frigidaire, there is a (slim) possibility of having two kegs on the hump with three on the floor. So far I have not seen a picture of a Frigidaire 7.2 with four on the floor. I'd love to see it if anybody has a picture.

Alcohol, the source of - and solution to - all of life’s problems. H.J.S.
My keezer, My E-brewery build thread, How I soldered 1" nut for heater

Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #223
mtbiker278
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well I'm probably going to do an upsized build then on the 9.0cuft frigidaire. Hopefully the wiring is similar between the two models.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #224
Quaffer
Recipes 

Quote:
Well I'm probably going to do an upsized build then on the 9.0cuft frigidaire. Hopefully the wiring is similar between the two models.
If you need more than four taps, yes that's what I would suggest. In the time I have had this kegerator there has been only once that all taps were in use and another keg was waiting for its turn. I am not a very prolific brewer I suppose, or is it that I drink a lot?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #225
tgriff00
Recipes 

Very nice.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #226
kdebow
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Looks great!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #227
mtbiker278
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaffer View Post
If you need more than four taps, yes that's what I would suggest. In the time I have had this kegerator there has been only once that all taps were in use and another keg was waiting for its turn. I am not a very prolific brewer I suppose, or is it that I drink a lot?
I'm not sure I see myself "Needing" more than four taps, but I would like the option to expand. I saw Jester's build of a 13 cuft freezer with 7 taps, and I was a little jealous. I usually brew on the weekends and typically have two on tap, but I would like to store more and have more variety. I also like the idea of rolling this thing out for parties instead of having the typical giant tub with ice for kegs. Too bad you can't really take it anywhere with you..... or can you? They have bar stool races, why not kegerator races!

Old 04-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #228
Quaffer
Recipes 

Quote:
I'm not sure I see myself "Needing" more than four taps, but I would like the option to expand. I saw Jester's build of a 13 cuft freezer with 7 taps, and I was a little jealous. I usually brew on the weekends and typically have two on tap, but I would like to store more and have more variety. I also like the idea of rolling this thing out for parties instead of having the typical giant tub with ice for kegs. Too bad you can't really take it anywhere with you..... or can you? They have bar stool races, why not kegerator races!
You can move it, but stairs are not fun. Best to keep it at home I think.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #229
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Without reading the whole thread, i have a question. Just starting to get into kegging myself and converting a used freezer, what is the point of having a seperate high pressure manifold? Then the next question is, what does a manifold really do and why would you want them? I know it distributes the co2 to different locations but I thought you want more secondary regulators so you can adjust the pressure to each keg?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #230
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You mentioned in the begining of this thread that you were "crash cooling" a car boy, I never heard that term before, what does that mean?

Tags
frigidaire, keezer, kegerator

Quick Reply