Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Cheap Painters Scaffold Brew Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
CPORT546
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Cheap Painters Scaffold Brew Stand

So in another thread someone asked me to post more about this. I've been putting this together in the basement this winter and have yet to use it, but looking forward to it. My goal was to make a cheap brewstand with as much equipment as possible I already had. I work at a paint store and it came to me to use a painters scaffold ($99 on sale, cheaper for me) its rated to 500 pounds and adjustable and already on casters. I added some 2"x8"x8' to provide for storage under the mash tun for the keggles and propane tank. Bungee cords keep things from falling off while its being moved. I used pipe straps (rotate the 2nd picture in your mind) to mount secure the 2x8s and some "U" bolts to bolt down the fryers. Because the cooler drain is on the left everthing moves right to left. I have a one gallon aluminum pitcher with quart measurments to move the water from the HLT to the mash tun. Gravity moves everthing from there. I will most likely to add some sort of hinged supports directly under the fryers to prevent tip overs. That is pretty much it, suggestions and constructive criticism is welcome.

brew-rig.jpg   pipe-strap.jpg   fryer-mount.jpg   keggle-fryer.jpg  

Primary: Cali Common, Robust Porter
Bottled: Pumpkin, ALDIwein, Dunkelweizen, American Lager, Belgian IPA, Vanilla/Bourbon Vanilla Porter, Haus IPA, Hefe
Kegged: Apfelwein, Athanum PA, Dortmunder Export
Upcoming: Watermelon Wheat, Caz Willie IPA, Mosaic PA, Spriced Cherry Dubbel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
CPORT546
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Here it is during the maiden run.

image-3412234764.jpg  

Primary: Cali Common, Robust Porter
Bottled: Pumpkin, ALDIwein, Dunkelweizen, American Lager, Belgian IPA, Vanilla/Bourbon Vanilla Porter, Haus IPA, Hefe
Kegged: Apfelwein, Athanum PA, Dortmunder Export
Upcoming: Watermelon Wheat, Caz Willie IPA, Mosaic PA, Spriced Cherry Dubbel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply