LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Cheap milling station

I needed a simple & cheap stand for my Barley Crusher after a near miss on dumping 10lbs of crushed grain. Nothing is bolted down, the BC mounting board feet fit snug into the shelf top. The drill fits perfectly in that spot as well.

bought the stand from Amazon for $26

http://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6056-3...BTPJGBM2QJFZDJ

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
boogyman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Interesting idea, but why not just place the barley crusher base directly on the bucket?

I hold the base of my crusher on the bucket with one hand and operate the drill with the other. Haven't had any stability issues yet, especially once i get a few pounds of grain into the bucket.

Edit: I assume you're milling with the bucket/barley crusher in the same position as the picture above.. if you're not, then disregard my post :-)

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Funkenjaeger

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Nice idea! Those wire racks are a dime a dozen, and it's kind of nice to not have to build or hack anything - it can go back to being a regular wire shelving rack between brews, or if you decide you don't need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
Interesting idea, but why not just place the barley crusher base directly on the bucket?

I hold the base of my crusher on the bucket with one hand and operate the drill with the other. Haven't had any stability issues yet, especially once i get a few pounds of grain into the bucket.
I use a relatively heavy corded drill for my BC and I have stability issues before I get several pounds of grain milled - and even then the whole mill can topple off the bucket when the hopper isn't full and my back is turned. No, it's not tough to hold onto it, and if you measure out all your grain before milling (or have an assistant) then it's no big deal, but I can see some appeal to having it be more idiot-proof.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
bf514921
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Edit: I assume you're milling with the bucket/barley crusher in the same position as the picture above.. if you're not, then disregard my post :-)
becuase why do something when you can overkill it

Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 AM   #5
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

[QUOTE]

Quote:

Agree with this. But whatever works for you. I didn't know that' shelves were so inexpensive. I might have to keep that in mind for the near future.

Quick Reply