The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Carboy Cleaner issue (BYO magazine)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
JimBell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Carboy Cleaner issue (BYO magazine)

Awhile ago, BYO had an article in it about a copper carboy cleaner. Well, I've been wanting to learn how to solder, so I thought that might be a good starter project, as I'm transitioning to better bottles, and wanted to use solid pipe, I got 1/2 inch pipe.

I think it turned out well, but the one problem I had was this. The article said to use a female adaptor 1/2" X 3/4". So I did. This is a piece that solders onto the end of the pipe, allowing me to connect to a garden hose.

The problem is that the durn thing won't catch the threads on my hoses (either one), thus the tool is useless.

My question, is this the wrong fitting? are both of my hoses somehow not standard (bent, worn etc) or what is the problem? I'm sorry the article isn't online, but the part can be seen at:

603 ADAPTER-FEMALE 1/2X3/8 COPPER CXF

or

**PPLL**

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

yes that is the wrong fitting. What you have is a 3/4 pipe thread not a Garden Hose thread.
The easy fix is to go and get a fitting that has a male 3/4 pipe thread on one end and a female garden hose fitting on the other end. Then just thread it into the one you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply