New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Building A Brew Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
BigDaddyBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Default Building A Brew Stand

I just received 2 new 32 tip propane jet burners for the brew stand I am designing, and was wondering how far away from the bottom of the pot I should mount them. I couldn't find the spec on line but it was suggested to me that it should be 12". That seem excessive. Anyone work with this type of burner before?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Jet-Burners-32-Tip-Cast-Iron-14-32-Brass-Nozzles-New-320-000-Propane-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyP!zBQifiHBf2g~~60_14.JPG

"Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges."-Doug McKenzie, Strange Brew

Up next: Winter warmer or ?
Primary 1: MT

Primary 2: MT

Sec 1: Red Tornado

Sec 2: MT

Sec 3: MT

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
dcarter
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 10

On the banjo burners the rack is about 6 inches from the burners. Not sure if that helps, but....

My trash heap fridge rescue and conversion to a first class fermentation chamber

If you don't like your job, you don't strike!.....You just go in everyday and do it really half a$$ed, THATS the American way! - Homer J Simpson

Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
BigDaddyBrewing
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

I was thinkin' 6-8". Thanks

"Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges."-Doug McKenzie, Strange Brew

Up next: Winter warmer or ?
Primary 1: MT

Primary 2: MT

Sec 1: Red Tornado

Sec 2: MT

Sec 3: MT

Quick Reply