*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Building a bar - questions about protecting bar top - epoxy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
scrapplejoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Building a bar - questions about protecting bar top - epoxy

Hi,

I am in the process of building my bar, and I have a few questions..

First, I will be protecting it with a epoxy top... Ill probably be snagging the following :

http://store.creative-wholesale.com/...%2cProductName

Is that a good solution?

Next, I have a Chicago bar rail.... how should I protect that? Can I just paint on the above epoxy onto that or just but a seperate solution since its not a level surface?

Next, the rest of the bar....(front wall, side wall, etc)... What kind of coat should I put on that? Just a standard epoxy resin from Home Dept?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2772 Times on 2721 Posts
Likes Given: 120

For the rail and wood (everything besides your top) just put a coat of polyurethane over the stain, or buy the stain/poly combo stuff.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
scrapplejoe
Recipes 

Irregular...

thanks!

Also, next question..

My tower from my kegerator (summit dual tap) is currently attached to my kegerator... I want it to be about a foot from the kegerator (I want it on the bar top). Since its a short run, what is the best solution to run the lines through? Can you point me to a DIY or thread that shows what I need? Is it just a pvc pipe solution?>

Quick Reply