Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brutus 10 regulator help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
schristian619
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Brutus 10 regulator help

I'm building a brutus type structure (basically a brutus 10 but no weld), and have some questions regarding my burners and a regulator. I have the 10 tip jet burners from topfoodservice.com. Someone on here said they were low pressure, but the guy when i ordered said they were high pressure. There may have been a language barrier issue though. Does anyone know how to tell if they are high or low pressure?

As far as regulators, I ordered the one Lonnie specs from morebeer, but they are (surprise) out of stock. I plan to cancel this order and find something else. Can anyone recommend me a regulator that will work with the brutus 10? I already have the asco valves, so something that will work with the ones Lonnie specd. I read somewhere one here, although i can't find where anymore, that someone had used the high pressure jet burners with a low pressure regulator successfully.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
BrianL
Recipes 

I used a Marshall 2 stage regulator Here

I bought the tank adapter and had a local fluid power shop make me a 3/8" propane hose and put it together myself. You can buy low pressure regulator assemblies cheaper, but the 2 stages are supposed to be more efficient. And you want to make sure you get a 3/8" hose, some of the assembled ones only have 1/4".

Low pressure/high pressure will depend on the burner orifices, but I'm not that familiar with those. I used banjo's.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Hell I'll GIVE you my Pecimex one from Morebeer. You pay the shipping and it's yours. PM me.

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Old 01-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
jseif099
Recipes 

Hoping to help clear up my confusion on this topic, specifically when you say "you want to make sure you get a 3/8" hose, some of the assembled ones have 1/4". A Marshall 2 stage regulator has a 1/4 " inlet so the inlet hose from the propane to the regulator will be 1/4" and the outlet will be 3/8" hose running to either a gas line connected to burners or direct to the burners correct?

Would the Marshall 250 Automatic Changeover Regulator be a good fit, that way when one tank runs out it would auto switch to the second tank?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
BrianL
Recipes 

Yes, use 3/8" from the regulator to the burners. Most of the regulators you buy are for high pressure and the smaller lines work. I couldn't get much output from my burners until I upgraded the line from 1/4" to 3/8". Then they lit up light rockets. I use 1/2" black pipe to my honeywell valves and either 1/2 or 3/8 flex gas lines to the burner....i forget.

Quick Reply