Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Broken keezer as ice cooled fermentation chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Broken keezer as ice cooled fermentation chamber?

So I have a 7 cu ft keezer with collar and temp controller that decided to die on me after I let it sit unplugged for several months, I'm assuming it's a Freon leak.

I was thinking about using it as a fermentation chamber and using Ice or freezer packs to control the temperature. I have a love controller temp controller which could control a fan to help circulate air. I have a fridge/freezer sitting right next to it which could be used to make ice for me.

Has anyone done this before or know of any hurdles that I might run into? My goal is to not spend a lot of money on this project. My biggest concern so far is that to keep 7 cu ft cool will mean replacing ice packs twice a day. I am not looking to lager just looking to ferment as low as 60 degrees in a 68 degree room.

Thoughts or inputs are clearly welcome

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply