Brew System I've been building

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVHABrewguy

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390608395.137020.jpg. 2 tier, 3 kettles, with 3 pumps and 2 controllers.

The pumps are 12v pumps that flow 6gpm and will take 250 degrees. Can't wait to get the control panel from the fab shop

Design is cool, did you do the fab? still not sure about the 12v solar pumps being food safe / sanitary.

They are as food safe as the march pumps and the reasoning behind 12v pumps is you can control flow with voltage using a rheostat vs having to change the position of a ball valve

They are not "solar" pumps and yes I do all the fab work

They are as food safe as the march pumps and the reasoning behind 12v pumps is you can control flow with voltage using a rheostat vs having to change the position of a ball valve

They are not "solar" pumps and yes I do all the fab work

First the fab work looks great! I would strongly suggest a PWM control verses a rheostat. Lowering the voltage creates heat in the pump creates excessive wear and is less accurate than a PWM control. Look on eBay you can find them for $15.00. Post some more pictures of the stand.

Nice looking design! Where did you find the mesh material on the bottom, and is there a proper name for that? I need a section to finish off the mash tun shelf (cooler) of my 3-tier, and the local box stores look at me crazy when I ask for "heavy steel mesh," so I'm not even sure I'm asking for the right stuff

Nice looking design! Where did you find the mesh material on the bottom, and is there a proper name for that? I need a section to finish off the mash tun shelf (cooler) of my 3-tier, and the local box stores look at me crazy when I ask for "heavy steel mesh," so I'm not even sure I'm asking for the right stuff

Expanded metal...... I would check with Lowe's or Home Depot if you are just needing a small section.

TVHABrewguy..... Very nice! Post more pics when you get a chance.

First the fab work looks great! I would strongly suggest a PWM control verses a rheostat. Lowering the voltage creates heat in the pump creates excessive wear and is less accurate than a PWM control. Look on eBay you can find them for $15.00. Post some more pictures of the stand.

The pumps are brushless, magnetic drive, just like the March pumps. Just smaller so wear is a non issue as they have been in operation at a local breweries pilot system. So they have been tested a fair bit

Well, life got in the way for abit but I spent some time on the system this weekend. Got the control panel done on the water jet, bent and welded. It's 16ga aluminium that will be powder coated the same as the stand. Also started on the gas system.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407215425.128876.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407215444.511344.jpg. More pics to come soon.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Those look like them but that was not my source.

There's a ton of people who rebadge this pump and sell it in the US, USSolar being one. Its just another Chinese pump that people mass buy and resell in the US, similar to the even smaller P38-i pumps you can get for $20 on ebay.

Should work fine if you dont have a huge head requirement to push the liquid up.

Once you start pushing the liquid up 3-4 feet though your GPM is going to be much slower than their stated, which is flat and level.

Related to the STC1000's, are they fast enough when flashed with the + firmware to cycle on and off the relays for use with with a panel like that? I know they changed a bunch of stuff in that FW but can you alter how fast the STC can cycle power to make it similar to the PID panels?

I guess I'll find out on the first brew day, but one of the local breweries is using them on their main brew system and for their all of their fermenter and glycol chiller controls without issue.

The panel is sealed but there is a stainless panel that shields it. It's just not on yet

Nice rig, and neat design!

Tell us how much you enjoy that powder coat smell after you put it into service, and it burns back to where it's cool enough to survive......:D

Tell us how much you enjoy that powder coat smell after you put it into service, and it burns back to where it's cool enough to survive......:D

Not my first rodeo doing this. First one burned back to about an nice from out frame. You just have to burn it in first before the first brew day. Next one is going to thermometer coated as the shop I use just started using a high temp product

Not my first rodeo doing this. First one burned back to about an inch from outer frame. You just have to burn it in first before the first brew day. Next one is going to thermo coated as the shop I use just started using a high temp product

Back