Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stand Rebuild

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
Fritztheelephant
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Good information to know on the stand material. Looks like I may need to reconsider my build as well

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
jcav
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
Thanks. It's a 12x12 PVC box I found at Lowes for about $30.
Thanks, I think that might be a solution for my build. I will check them out at the store.

"Talent is hitting a target no one else can hit. Genius is hitting a target no one else can see."

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they really aren't after you!"

Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
JMichael
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Well I brewed my first batch on Sunday after doing some tests and a dry run. Everything seemed to run much easier and smoother than my cooler and 7.5 gallon stainless pot on one burner. One thing though, I think the thermocouples or the PIDs got off synch. I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that I was recirculating my mash and sparge water. The PIDs were showing the temps to be about 5 degrees off on my mash and about 9 degrees off on my sparge water. I checked the temps against a dial thermometer on my tests and dry runs and the seemed to be right on. I may opt to pick up RTDs instead of the thermocouples (which I sould have gone with anyway).

The other thing I ran into was matching the flow rate during the sparge. I let my sparge water flow rate get a bit too high at one point and I had too much water in my mash tun. I slowed it and got the water level down but I don't know what effect it had (this was my first non-batch sparge too).

Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 AM   #14
santero
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 8 Posts

nice job , Im right now on the process of building something like this , I have almost everything but on the set up Im not sure what digital controller used with the solenoid valves my question is? where exactly do you instal de sensors of the digital controller and what digital controller you are using ? Can you please tell me which is the right way to go thank you I will help o lot !!!!

Quick Reply