Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Rig?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
bakersbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Brew Rig?

Hey guys,

Just curious about a brew rig. I don't think I can build one now but I am just curious. I am relatively new to homebrewing, but I am wondering what the next step up is. Are there any how tos or DIYs for brew rigs? Electric and others. Let me know. I am very interested

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Yes, HBT is filled with thousands of posts showing other brew rigs being built. Pull up a chair, pour a brew and start the reading.

Shortcut method = fork over the cash to someone else to sell you one.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
HomebrewJeff
Recipes 

You should check out the morebeer site for some basic configurations to give you an idea. You of course aren't limited to these designs, but it will get you started. If can't weld, you can always bolt the frame together. If you don't like that idea, you can use wood. I've even seen people use copper pipe to make a frame.

There are an infinite number of configurations and options that you can include, to fit your specific brewing style and situation. It helps to have an idea of what options you want, before you start designing. Do you want to use multiple pumps, one pump, or gravity feed? Do you need something you can break down at the end of the day, or does it need to be movable?

The list goes on and on.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 150 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So bakes, are you brewing extract, partial mash, or all grain?

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Quick Reply