Brew area & Bar...n cleaned and ready for LEAFS playoffs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebering

Reaction score
Well it is finally getting nicer here so I started constructing my brew area up in the bar....n (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-bar-n-build-bar-barn-thus-far-332119/). This will be the home for the system I am piecing together that can be found here (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/herms-system-pump-cart-grain-mill-fabrication-406619/)

I am also happy to announce that the bar is cleaned out, new draft lines and stout tap installed, and tv hooked up just in time for my beloved Maple Leafs to finally play some playoff hockey!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to just build two sub floors 8x12 with a 1-2 slope and a trench drain in the middle that will drain in to settling tanks where I can correct the PH and use it to drip irrigate my hops that are coming in soon.

Here is the floor framed in

Floor Framed in.jpg

This is where my brew area will be located in relation to the bar, note that I can see the TV from where the keggles will be hahah.

Bar and floor.jpg

And a quick snap of the bar ready for... yes you heard right LEAFS playoff hockey!!!

Attachments

• Ready for playoffs.jpg
    Ready for playoffs.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 827
Bar looks great man!! I really like it a lot. (wish I could say the same for the Leafs' playoff chances)

Bar looks great man!! I really like it a lot. (wish I could say the same for the Leafs' playoff chances)

If I get to watch 4 Leafs playoff games I will be happy hahah, A whopping 4 more than I have been able to watch in the past 9 years. Plus it was an excuse to open up the bar early!

Bar looks awesome. I'll think of you while watching the Bruins :)

My good friends fiancee is a Bruins fan, god was it nice to finally see some competitive games against them this year and stop hearing about how awful the Leafs were all the time hahahah.

Nice bar, hopefully a good series, although the B's are playing like junk right now.

If you weren't in Canada, I'd say we should do a friendly wager of a 6er of homebrew to the series winner, but unfortunately the logistics are against it...

Nice bar, hopefully a good series, although the B's are playing like junk right now.

If you weren't in Canada, I'd say we should do a friendly wager of a 6er of homebrew to the series winner, but unfortunately the logistics are against it...

That would have been great! Sure hoping Toronto doesn't just get blown out and swept!

Posted to the wrong thread a minute ago,
Here is the brew area floor and gutter in place! It will drain into plastic totes where it will settle and have the ph corrected so it can be used to drip irrigate my hops!
Floor & Gutter.jpg

Hey man, I hope you are doing okay... I didn't want to gloat because I've been gutpunched myself a few times over a sporting event. It was an amazing series regardless. Some of the most entertaining hockey I've seen in a loooong time.

Yep, that one was about as soul crushing as they come! I feel as though I owe someone some homemade beers to boot.

Great series regardless, I was impressed they were even able to compete with Boston let alone weasel a game seven even if they could not be bothered to drag their asses into a shooting lane for the last 5 minutes to close out the series. Such is life as a Leafs fan hahahah.

On the bright side, I have tons of time to devote to getting my HERMS system and brew area finished, flooring and tables in place and electronics going in this weekend. Pics to come.

Next time I'm in buffalo for work, I may have to look you up and steal some of your beer...

Back