Boil Keggle fixed chiller coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am just beginning to source the parts to begin my new e-herms build. I am considering mounting a stainless 50' chiller coil in the BK. My only concern is cleaning the kettle. I was planning to use a CIP ball (mounted through a lid) to spray it down with PBW after a brew. My concern is that the CIP ball might get clogged if I recirculate. Maybe someone has suggestions for how to filter the muck out while recirculating. I know that many would suggest using a plate or counter-flow chiller but I have other concerns about using them. I would very much like to hear from others who may have already tried this and what their experience was.

Thanks for your input!

My keggle has exactly that. I use whole hops and a bazooka screen. Cleaning the hop leaves does take a little time. But it's not that bad. Use hot pbw to clean inside. Use starsan to clean off beer stone and any copper corrosion. Was and store upside down or with a lid.

Do not leave acid in contact with copper. Always rinse with water.

Back