HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Blichmann Top Tier burner arm mount clone.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
SligoDrinkingClub
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Blichmann Top Tier burner arm mount clone.

So I decided to do a little project and reproduce a top tier style stand without paying the huge cost. My plan is to use something like the basement support columns you can buy at a home improvement store, along with angle iron from scrap and caster wheels bought on eBay. The rest of the components are made by Blichmann.

I own two propane burners from Blichmann, and they are incredible. So, in an attempt to mount my burners to my rig I decided to use the same mounting arms but to make them myself. I've tried to buy the arms but they are only sold as a package with the Top Tier. There's also a burner install kit I purchased online to complete the project; http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Top-Tier-Burner-Install-Kit.html. This includes a cross member support to stiffen the arms.

Below are the plans of measurements taken from the burner arm of a friend who owns a stand. This could be a pain for those who don't have access to a laser cutter and a brake press. Good luck, hopefully this will help someone doing the same project.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
The_Canmancan
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

How wide/far apart are the mounting arms at where they mount to your rig? I'm trying something similar, but mounting to 2'' square stock. What ga. metal did you use?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
SligoDrinkingClub
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I used 1/16 thick stainless sheet metal and copied the original completely. The center mast I used is the same as their extruded aluminum, 3.5 square.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
SligoDrinkingClub
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I had to open up the connecting holes to allow for a tolerance, other than that it seems pretty solid.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
msteffes
Recipes 

You can buy the same mast blichmann uses at http://www.faztek.net/ww3/products.asp?cat=12 I'm not sure which series they use but it appears to be the same aluminum T-slot they use.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
SligoDrinkingClub
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteffes
You can buy the same mast blichmann uses at http://www.faztek.net/ww3/products.asp?cat=12 I'm not sure which series they use but it appears to be the same aluminum T-slot they use.
Blichmanns center tower is 3.5 x 3.5, with center of the slots 1" in from the edge. Here's a profile picture from there manual.

Quick Reply