Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > big weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
jcalisi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default big weekend

So I'm just recovering from a big weekend... I finally gave comcast the boot for fiber to the house for tv, internet (15mb), and emergency telco. Oh and cheeper by $20... I must say I'm very impressed. Sorry I'm a geek by nature so this stuff really intrigues me. I also got my garden ready for plants. Most importantly I got the tops cut out of my kegs using my grinder and cut off wheels. (3 wheels/top). I know no pictures I was too tired but I was very impressed with myself... after hitting it with 120 and then 220 grit flappers it turned out good without any sharp edges.

Now I just need to figure out how many couplers I need to order. I'm thinking three per keg. On the HLT how do you have your coils penetrate your keg? I've seen them in/out side by side and some vertical spaced about 8" apart.

I would like to get them drilled this week and in the welders hands by Saturday.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
NewBrew09
Recipes 

Who is your provider for the fiber internet? I know that verizon and AT&T both provide similar services.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 312 Times on 310 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Yes, let's talk fiber first, who and how much, and how long did you sign for? Also do you get a static IP and how much up speed do you get?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
jcalisi
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Unfortunately its only available in two cities in TN not sure about everyone else. The provider is TDS TDS Telecom: Telephone and Internet Service for Home and Business its such a new offering that they don't have a lot of information about it but I have the PON service. They have bundles much like everyone else. For $5 I can upgrade to 25mb.

Quick Reply