Beer Chalkboard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch101st

Reaction score
Any idea where to get one of these? I pulled the picture from the Perkilcs thread (which I am going to be getting). The chalkboard is classy and would dig having something like that...so far I havent found any.

Kal_HT2008_17_resize.jpg

I plan on making one with the above shown cans. (Ive already done a few kegs).

Question - what would be the ideal material to use this one? I know you can spray just about any surface with it, but taking into consideration weight, durability, malleability, whatever, what would be the ideal surface to do this on?

as long as you prime it, preferably with a good primer such as metal or automobile primer, your good to go. Wood, metal. You quite possibly could buy a mirror and do it on that (with a glass primer). if you properly abraid and PRIME the surface, you can do anything...

as long as you prime it, preferably with a good primer such as metal or automobile primer, your good to go. Wood, metal. You quite possibly could buy a mirror and do it on that (with a glass primer). if you properly abraid and PRIME the surface, you can do anything...

Damnit, I thought the kegging system was going to the last thing I needed to complete my homebrew set-up.

I'd look at MDF too--it's relatively smooth and should adhere with the paint ok too...

You could of course buy a chalkboard or if you don't like spray paint you could try this Chalkboard Contact Paper, 18" x 6'

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize it's not what you're going for, but to expand the usefulness of chalkboard spray paint:

2678604171_1a3a589fed.jpg

It's my fermentation fridge. I write down what's fermenting, gravities and dates on it.

Just finished mine today. Frame from Michaels craft store, white bathroom panel from Home Depot. My writings not the best, am going to have the wife redo it.

SWMBO wouldnt redo the writing, said it was my project. So I did a little better job.

DSCN0380.jpg

Jim

x3.... very nice althugh any more than 2-3 taps and that is gonna be one huge ass board. A+

I would like to know as well, looks sick!

I did the Rustoleum Chalk Board spray paint and auto primer trick on a clean piece of 3/4" plywood. I put 4 coats down. Sanding each one as I went using 500, 800, 1000, 1500 grit paper. Then I drafted the board in Publisher, took it to a sign shop and had a vinyl print made. The price tag wasn't too bad, total cost was around $40.

SWMBO supplied the chalk and the handwriting! :rockin: As soon as we pick a name for our Brewery, we are going to add a logo in the upper left corner and then eventually add a sign above the "beer board".

Nice write up. Gotta do something like this for my bar. Very nice.

Currently, I use one of those plastic display stands that you can swipe from local restaurants and print up my own inserts for the beer on tap.

Back