Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Bar build issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
JONNYROTTEN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Bar build issue?

I need some ideas on my bar build.
I have a 2'deep 5'wide area recessed in a wall were the kegerator will be.(took out the china hutch for a bar.whats cooler than that!)Anyway,The kegerator will be completely enclosed except for the door so I can roll it out if necessary.(under the counter type fridge).Im using hardwood flooring for the counter top with the tower mounted to the top of the counter top.

My question is ... Will I have an issue rolling out the fridge with the lines going into the fridge through a permanently mounted counter top over it?
If that makes any sense

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Feeny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

If the lines are long enough to give you some slack, you can probably roll it out a little. But it sounds like you will have to disconnect the lines and pull them out the top of the refrigerator before moving it.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
SweetSounds
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had a similar issue with my bar build several years ago - I was using a chest freezer under the bar that had to be slid out to access.
My solution was here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-beer-line-chiller-build-162665/#post1897429

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Quick Reply