Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Bar Build/Basement overhaul... Progress tracker

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #21
Stickshaker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My only concern is this: Are you really planning on wearing lederhosen?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #22
cruelkix
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
My only concern is this: Are you really planning on wearing lederhosen?
Haha! When teh bar is finished I will throw on some Lederhosen and take a pic just for you! (Maybe .......)

(Probably not...... I dont have any!)

Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #23
HalfPint
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelkix View Post
Haha! When teh bar is finished I will throw on some Lederhosen and take a pic just for you! (Maybe .......)

(Probably not...... I dont have any!)
Those babies are expensive too! I'd put the money into the bar.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #24
fallbrew
Recipes 

its all going well man if u need help with fabrication give me a pm i can send u plans and tips. my father and I have years of contractor and pre fab experience.

quick question will this be a at home bar for the friends and family or will u be stepping it up a notch?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #25
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2759 Times on 2710 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Looking forward to this build I am finally starting my bar build this week and am doing the same with my keezer lid/bar top. 1 thing I'm struggling with and planning the bottom base for the proper height so with that, the height of the freezer and whatever I decide to go with for a top all comes out to 42" tall. Hard part is I have no clue what I'm doing for a top. Curious about your opinion or what you're doing for that.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #26
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallbrew View Post
its all going well man if u need help with fabrication give me a pm i can send u plans and tips. my father and I have years of contractor and pre fab experience.
Thanks for the offer!! I appreciate any advice I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallbrew View Post
quick question will this be a at home bar for the friends and family or will u be stepping it up a notch?
This is a home bar for friends and family.

Like many of us here on HBT I dream of going big one day. I dream a lot actually. So much so that I get in touch with people on a regular basis about laws and costs of things. I have a pretty good idea on what i need to go big.

Right now I brew on my E-herms Rig. But will need to go bigger than that to start up my brewery.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #27
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Looking forward to this build I am finally starting my bar build this week and am doing the same with my keezer lid/bar top. 1 thing I'm struggling with and planning the bottom base for the proper height so with that, the height of the freezer and whatever I decide to go with for a top all comes out to 42" tall. Hard part is I have no clue what I'm doing for a top. Curious about your opinion or what you're doing for that.
The 42" thing is interesting. Keep paying attention in the next few weeks and you'll see what I did. I'm trying to document each step as best as I can.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #28
cruelkix
Recipes 

Slowly but surely.....

So as you can see I got the 5/8 plywood cut and on top. I havent mounted to the top of the freezer yet, but it is all clamped up and ready for the holes to be drilled and the T-nuts to be put in place.

My clearance turned out pretty darn good if i do say so myself.

So in response to IR's question about how I'm getting to the 42 inches, look at the first post with my design drawing. See how I have the 4 chunks of 2x4 attached to the plywood? Another piece of plywood will be going on top of that to generate my 42" height as well as give me my 6 inch serving space, where the drip tray is sitting in the design drawing. It will also extend out past the back of the freezer to give the over hang for the bar. Make sense? If not ... wait two days and I'll have pics of it haha.

This shot just shows how it will bridge between the bottom frame and the top hinge.

Considering I get about 2 hours at a time to work on this thing and how slow of a worker I am (I always think to much and stop working ...) I think things are coming along pretty well.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #29
Mischief_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Curious about the heat generated by the keezer and where it will go in this setup. Are you putting a vent in the outside of the bar by the compressor area? Using any fans?

Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #30
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief_Brewing View Post
Curious about the heat generated by the keezer and where it will go in this setup. Are you putting a vent in the outside of the bar by the compressor area? Using any fans?
Good question. Oneof the reasons I spaced everything out was so that I could use the 2x4's as kind of an air cahnnel. I was going to use fans to blow the air around it and put a vent in the "nicewood" on the front of the freezer/teh service side of the bar. I'm going to use a powerstrip on my johnson controller so teh fans turn on when teh freezer turns on.

That's the plan at least. It stays below 70 in teh basement at all tiems and the freezer is going to stay sitting on bare concrete...... We shall see. the thing only turns on like 12 times a day for like 4 minutes.

Quick Reply