I have been working on this for some time now, and recently made some more progress. This project has evolved several times over the course of the build, so I have had to improvise along the way. I now have a name for my space, and am about 80% done. It is to the point of being a functional space so I plan to use it while I continue working as I can find the time. However my current priority is to complete my electric brew rig.
My electric setup will go where these chairs currently sit.
The laundry hookup was an add on. I plan to use it as my brewing water supply and for use with wort chiller. In the original plans the fireplace was going to be a natural gas BBQ pit, I even had a commercial vent for it. Where the laundry hookup is was supposed to be a counter top with a sink. About halfway through the build swmbo decided we should add a fireplace so my BBQ pit became a natural gas grill that sits outside
Need to build or find a Fireplace mantel just not sure how I should procede here. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
Hope to make some more progress now that this space is at least usable. Will add more pics as I make progress.
I have added some upgrades replaced all 3 vessels, and made a keggle mash tun with amnifold. I made the manifold for my bottom drain kettle so it would screw into place. It sits about 3/4" away from the bottom on the outer edges and a couple inches high in the middle.
To reduce dead space I actually drilled 1/8" holes in the base of the copper manifold fitting that screws into my stainless mash tun fitting. I think this allows the highest gravity wort resting on the very bottom to slowly drain out without providing enough flow to allow channeling.
The center fitting I had to make by drilling a hole through the side of a T fitting and sliding a piece of copper pipe with a hole drilled through so the copper pipe hole was facing down. Then I had to solder it in place. You'll have to forgive my poor soldering, I am definately not a plumber.
With manifold installed.
I currently fly sparge and I made this sparge arm so I could use different lengths of slilicone tubing to adjust height depending on my mash volume.
This is my current setup, I recently replicated the process by building a 1 gallon brewery for test batches (without the pumps).
This spring when it warms up, I plan to add legs to the other 2 keggles and get rid of my improvised wooden brewstand.
There are better things in life than alcohol, but alcohol makes up for not having them.