Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Ball and Chain brewpub build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
zazbnf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Ball and Chain brewpub build

I have been working on this for some time now, and recently made some more progress. This project has evolved several times over the course of the build, so I have had to improvise along the way. I now have a name for my space, and am about 80% done. It is to the point of being a functional space so I plan to use it while I continue working as I can find the time. However my current priority is to complete my electric brew rig.

Some pictures of the build here:

Another Bar Build - Home Brew Forums

Current pics

My Keezer bar

My electric setup will go where these chairs currently sit.

The laundry hookup was an add on. I plan to use it as my brewing water supply and for use with wort chiller. In the original plans the fireplace was going to be a natural gas BBQ pit, I even had a commercial vent for it. Where the laundry hookup is was supposed to be a counter top with a sink. About halfway through the build swmbo decided we should add a fireplace so my BBQ pit became a natural gas grill that sits outside

Need to build or find a Fireplace mantel just not sure how I should procede here. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Hope to make some more progress now that this space is at least usable. Will add more pics as I make progress.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
zazbnf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I have my electric control panel nearly finished am waiting on the contactors, special thanks go out to P-J for his advice and for the schematic.

I have the HLT nearly finished and will update with pics as soon as I get a moment.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
zazbnf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Ok, finally made some more progress. put the stand together in about 30 minutes. I plan to weld up something later, but this will get me started.

HLT

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
zazbnf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Still need to get the stir motors mounted for the HLT and the IC lid.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
zazbnf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I have added some upgrades replaced all 3 vessels, and made a keggle mash tun with amnifold. I made the manifold for my bottom drain kettle so it would screw into place. It sits about 3/4" away from the bottom on the outer edges and a couple inches high in the middle.

To reduce dead space I actually drilled 1/8" holes in the base of the copper manifold fitting that screws into my stainless mash tun fitting. I think this allows the highest gravity wort resting on the very bottom to slowly drain out without providing enough flow to allow channeling.

The center fitting I had to make by drilling a hole through the side of a T fitting and sliding a piece of copper pipe with a hole drilled through so the copper pipe hole was facing down. Then I had to solder it in place. You'll have to forgive my poor soldering, I am definately not a plumber.

With manifold installed.

I currently fly sparge and I made this sparge arm so I could use different lengths of slilicone tubing to adjust height depending on my mash volume.

This is my current setup, I recently replicated the process by building a 1 gallon brewery for test batches (without the pumps).

This spring when it warms up, I plan to add legs to the other 2 keggles and get rid of my improvised wooden brewstand.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 141

looking Good!

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Maker of the Original "Manasquan River Paddle", an all hand made, hand shaped & contoured, mash paddle. Designed for home brewers by a brewer"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc., and Love2Brew.com.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores
World Wide.

Wholesale inquiries welcome.

Like us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManasquanRiverBrewingLLC?ref=hl

Quick Reply