Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Automated Brew Setup Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
scscott
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Automated Brew Setup Help

I am looking for some feedback on my design. I am looking to use the BCS-4​62. Almost all of my valves are going to be Automated (2WV or 3WV). I am going to use a manual valve to restrict the recycled mash through the HERMS so i do not get a stuck mash. My main question is with the boil kettle. I want to use a pump to whirlpool but i want to cool it prior to the final whirlpool. what is the best setup for that? I would like to have a solution that i don't have to add the chiller to the kettle to chill and then remove after it is chilled. also, is it a good idea to "whirlpool" during the boil so the wort does not caramelize as much on my electric element?

croppercapture-15-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply