Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Auto Siphon Clip?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
Neomich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Auto Siphon Clip?

I didn't see anything in the project locator and the search function is apparently beyond my ability to use properly so I'm hoping someone's got a quick solution.

Has anyone come up with a simple DIY clip for the auto siphon?

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 905 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomich
I didn't see anything in the project locator and the search function is apparently beyond my ability to use properly so I'm hoping someone's got a quick solution.

Has anyone come up with a simple DIY clip for the auto siphon?
How about a rubberband and a laundry clothespin?
Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Neomich
Recipes 

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, not much of a DIY type yet.

I'm assuming you mean secure the clothespin clip to the autosipon using the rubberband and just clip it to the top of the bucket? Seems like it would work if I'm picturing it correctly in my head.

I've got some large binder clips here at work that should function in that manner..........

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 905 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Yup, that's the idea. In fact, you don't even have to work the rubberband down the length of the autosiphon tube. Catch the loop on the clip first, run it around the siphon tube once or as many times as it takes to make up the slack, then catch it on the clip again. A binder clip would work too but don't scratch up your bucket too much. I was thinking of the clothes pin because it's got a deeper bite and you can use two rubberbands to keep the siphon from trying to pivot from the clip. You'll see what I mean when you try it.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Neomich
Recipes 

Alright, sounds like an easy solution. I think I was trying to 'over engineer' something in my head.

Thanks for the help.

-Frank Zappa

Quick Reply