Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Any ever use GATORbite connectors?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
TomRep
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've used the Home Depot version of these (Sharkbites or something like that). I used them in my HLT to attach my HERMS coil (copper) on the inside. Only brewed with it once so far but seems to work fine. I used those so I can pull the coil out if it needs cleaning.
tom

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
ubermick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Those shark/gator bite thingies are more expensive than the camlocks though, and are brass as opposed to stainless?

+1 on the camlocks, for what it's worth. I use 'em on mine, and love them. They do take a wee bit of getting used to, and aren't one handed like the (brass) ball lock style disconnects from MMC, but after a couple of uses, they're second nature now. I got mine from Proflowdynamics, but would recommend looking after HBT's own, and snagging from either Austin Homebrew, or Bargain Fittings:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index....178_40_131_482

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index...tegory&path=51

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply