Okay I finally finished my kegerator. Thanks to all here who inspired me to do this. I had never messed with anything like this before so decided to try doing it myself. So I started with my purchase on Craigslist of a GE Dorm sized fridge.
I realized getting into it that it would quite be what I wanted and I was looking for a project so I decided to go radical on it. My end goal was to fit 3 corny kegs or a 1/2 keg so I was going to need to do a serious overhaul on it. My first obstacle was going to be the Hump on the bottom.
So I removed it very carefully.
Then there was the issue of building a base for it to stand on and the compressor to be re-positioned.
I then bolted that all down after I re-soldered all my lines for the coolant and after letting it sit right side up for a while. Then plugged it in and found that it was working properly and that i would now have to re-insulate the are and enclose it.
I put a piece of Stainless for the base and wrapped the inside with aluminum then sealed it all off with silicone. Once that was done I routed the lines and started to insulate with expandable foam the cavity. I then made a piece of metal wrap around the external cavity then filled that with foam.
I had to do a little inside work to make it all fit but in the end I got the results I was looking for.
You can see that I had to remove some of the inside lining to make it all work and I had to scrape away some of the insulation. Once that was done I was able to put my aluminum lining in. Then once that was in I reinsulated the inside to give it a little more padding.
But all in all I am happy I got to keep the freezer for my .3L mugs and its big enough for 15 gallons of my own home brew. Thanks everyone
For a full write up or more pics you can go to www.joelnrebekah.com
Please share any kegerator info you can provide as I am constantly looking to improve on my design or even amazed by some very innovative ideas.