Another garage cooler room thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack the other thread about the lovely walk in build, so I will just start up my own. I asked the question about my garage a while back, but have essentially just decided that I will build a little room that I can store beer in and primarily a barrel. I have a little window air conditioner that I will put at one end of it and the rest of it will face towards a wall that I have.

Since I have a garage door rail in the way I can't build it over about 7.5' tall and I want to have access to be able to put a barrel inside it for long term aging. Granted a barrel could get stood up and rolled in, so the door could be one pannel @ 4x8 with a piece of something to place it as a "door". I am thinking a piece of 1x2 across it that that would go flush against the other panels and yet close it in. Work in Progress so...

I am off tomorrow and might be able to do some more in depth thinking in order to figure out a way to make this happen.

My space available is about 5x8x7.5 and I have tried to use sketchup without as much finess as I would like. SO you might see a paint drawing here in a day or two.

Latest posts

Back