Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > An affordable option to building an all electric system?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
wildwest450
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 163 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Care to rephrase?
Ok, your post sounded like a peanuts(charlie brown) adult talking, whah, whah,whah. Pwm, ssr, pid mean nothing to me. Jesus I put smilies there, have a sense of humor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
wildwest450
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
He is saying that he has zero knowledge of how to do electrical work, and wouldn't know where to start.

wildwest, I think the best option is to look around and figure out exactly what you want and then start asking here for help to plan it. There are some talented (and helpful) people with good electrical skills that could help you put together a control box that does what you want.
I know exactly what i want. A rims or herms, with full/ partial automation. Crap I hate being a n00b again at something.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
wildwest450
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmoor View Post
I believe there is someone out there making control just control boxes. I seem to remember seeing them somewhere. Though they were pricey. Like $500.
Here, http://www.brewmation.com/Elements.html

Crap I could buy the whole setup for what he wants for some of those.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
jkarp
Beer Herder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Ok, your post sounded like a peanuts(charlie brown) adult talking, whah, whah,whah. Pwm, ssr, pid mean nothing to me. Jesus I put smilies there, have a sense of humor.
Umm. OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
If I could figure out how to replicate that control box I could do the rest my self.
I was simply trying to help. With over 4K posts and a membership here, surely you're aware of the little search button above, right? If PWM, SSR, and PID mean nothing to you yet you really want your question answered, why don't you just search? Might be easer than slamming someone's "reading comprehension".

Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
gunner65
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I recommend research and learn. If you buy a pre-built system you wont be able to repair it if you have no knowledge of it. I mean seriously a control box for $500? I built mine for about $80. Have an electrician drop you a 40 amp gfi protected outlet the rest is really just plug and play.

Single Vessel BIAB is all I need....Until we figure out the no vessel technique.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #16
wildwest450
Recipes 

Quote:
Umm. OK.

I was simply trying to help. With over 4K posts and a membership here, surely you're aware of the little search button above, right? If PWM, SSR, and PID mean nothing to you yet you really want your question answered, why don't you just search? Might be easer than slamming someone's "reading comprehension".
Because I never asked what those things were. I simply asked if people with a working knowledge of electric brew rigs thought those were reasonably priced setups.

And I wasn't slamming you, did you not have your coffee yet?

Old 05-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
DKershner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
I...If PWM, SSR, and PID mean nothing to you yet you really want your question answered, why don't you just search?...
I understand where wildwest is coming from. I have read extensively about how to create and control an electric system, but I completely lack the technical knowledge to know what each piece really does. I can figure out the end task that the combination of parts produces, but not why. Hell, wiring up my outlet box with simple 115V power was tough enough for me...and I sound farther along than he does.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #18
wildwest450
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkershner View Post
I understand where wildwest is coming from. I have read extensively about how to create and control an electric system, but I completely lack the technical knowledge to know what each piece really does. I can figure out the end task that the combination of parts produces, but not why. Hell, wiring up my outlet box with simple 115V power was tough enough for me...and I sound farther along than he does.
Thank you.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #19
ralph
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

The highgravitybrew controller uses a 3-prong dryer plug (hot, hot, ground) and provides a 110v pump outlet (hot, neutral, ground) -- are they conflating ground with neutral, and will that cause trouble for a gfci outlet? Or am I confused about something?

Old 05-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 244 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
... are they conflating ground with neutral, and will that cause trouble for a gfci outlet? Or am I confused about something?
No, you are not confused. You are spot on. That simple violation of wiring principles should raise a huge red flag for anyone considering that vendor.

Quick Reply