Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > adding faucets to a tower

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
Dr_Deathweed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ok, ordered the parts, Ill update y'all when they come in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #12
cpbergie
Recipes 

May be too late, but I added a second faucet to my 2 " tower. I drilled a 1 inch hole using a standard drill and a step drill bit. Since my tower was only 2 inches, i had to lower the position of the second faucet so they are not the same height. Everything fit inside, including some insulation. It took a while to get everything in there and connected, but its working great.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #13
MriswitH
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
Drilling that convex surface might be a challenge without a drill press
Has anyone done this yet? I've got a drill press at the shop and would actually like a two-fer tower.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #14
bigben
Recipes 

Yea, where's the updates???!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Sorry it took me so long to update, but I just used a 7/8" hole saw ($5.60 at the home depot) punched 2 holes in my existing tower, and added faucets using the kits that I posted before. Works awesome!!!! Oh, and I did manage to find dome 3/16" tubing as well, Its not thick walled like the beer line but its rated to 50PSI, and I hope to god I never have dispensing presures that high! no problems with foaming or anything. If you need any more detains, just ask! Ill post pictures when I finally upgrade

Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM   #16
MriswitH
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Oh man, thats great to hear! I would love to see some pictures when you have everything polished off. I've got a single but would love to buy the parts to build a dual tower.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #17
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Wow, so it took me wayyyyyyyy too long to post pictures...
tower.jpg
Thats my "Bud" selection of tap handles: Bud light, Bud select, and Buddy Christ
tap-faucet.jpg
Thats a close up of the new tap (left) with the original (right)

If you have questions, just ask. This was really easy to do!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #18
shek
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I know this thread is ancient, but I'm thinking of trying to make these mods to my current 2 1/2" tower. It seems like all of the inner and outer flanges that are packaged with a tower shank, and all of the flanges available individually are for 3" towers. Has anyone been able to find flanges for other diameter towers, or are other people just putting up with having gaps between the flanges and the towers (or filing the flanges down, or something)?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:00 AM   #19
moxie
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Deathweed View Post
Sorry it took me so long to update, but I just used a 7/8" hole saw ($5.60 at the home depot) punched 2 holes in my existing tower, and added faucets using the kits that I posted before. Works awesome!!!! Oh, and I did manage to find dome 3/16" tubing as well, Its not thick walled like the beer line but its rated to 50PSI, and I hope to god I never have dispensing presures that high! no problems with foaming or anything. If you need any more detains, just ask! Ill post pictures when I finally upgrade
Hate to bump this post from '07, but I wanted to get some advice before drilling into my 2.5" tower!

I am about to add a second tap to my tower. I have a 1" bi-metal hole saw, do you think that will be appropriate for this shank?

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=234

Did you use a vice or something to hold the tower steady while drilling? I am thinking about drilling it in place mounted to the kegerator, but I am not sure. Any general advice on drilling that convex surface with my hole saw? Should I apply tons of pressure and low drill speed as per a step bit, or is there a different strategy for a hole saw?

Thank you!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #20
bja
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts

Drill a smal (1/8") pilot hole first, Then use the hole saw. You need to hold it somehow so drilling it in place would be best if you don't have a vice.

Several years ago I added 2 more taps to my 2-1/2" tower and it works perfectly.

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quick Reply