Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 4.5 Cubic Foot Mini Fridge For Kegerator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
Rambleon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default 4.5 Cubic Foot Mini Fridge For Kegerator?

I recently purchased a 4.5 cubic foot GE mini fridge on Craigslist for a screaming deal with the hopes of at least putting a corny keg in it and maybe doing a kegerator conversion when I strike it rich. My problem is that it has a tiny freezer compartment that is in the way of everything. I'm sure there are many threads out there about this kind of thing so i'll get to it: Should I attempt to bend the line to fit a corny in it or pinch my pennies for a better fridge? If I should hold off which fridge should I settle on? Thanks!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Brewmech
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Let the fridge warm up to room temp. Remove the freezer. Gently bend it flat. Screw onto the back. Be careful not to hit any lines in the back.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
hedbutter
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmech View Post
Let the fridge warm up to room temp. Remove the freezer. Gently bend it flat. Screw onto the back. Be careful not to hit any lines in the back.
I did the exact thing without screwing it into the back (my freezer plate had too many lines for me to want to try and go around). I also have a 4.5 cuf GE fridge. Just be sure to hold your hand on the piping coming out and that the fridge is warm.

It's not about finding the best beer, but finding the best in every beer.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
hamiltont
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Same reply from another forum in case others over here are interested... http://www.instructables.com/id/Kege...compact-fridg/

If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Quick Reply