Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 3-Tap Built-In Liquor Cabinet Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #21
Mischief_Brewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I was able to spend a little more time on the cabinet today. It was about 34 degrees out so my plans of spending the day in the garage brewing and staining, sanding, and finishing the wood for this were put on hold. I did what I could inside with what I had ready. Here's some pictures of the progress:

Test fitting the top cabinet. Damn cats are everywhere!

Installed the lights

Better shot of the lighting

Stemware holders are in

Testing them out with the lighting behind them. I think this will look really nice once the mirror is in and all of our stemware is organized and up.

Installed the top cabinet. What a pain in the butt that damn thing proved to be. Luckily SWMBO woke up and helped screw it in while I held it in place. I have an oak strip that will cover the gap between the shelf and the bottom of the cabinet, I just need to cut it and glue it in place.

Stopping point for the day.

Hopefully I kick this damn chest cold and the weather warms up soon. It's colder than what the specs for the stain and sealer recommend so I'm likely not going to be posting any more progress on this for a week or two...

Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #22
timbudtwo
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

That is a very cool build. I do like the stemware holder. Very classy.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
horric29
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief_Brewing View Post
I was able to spend a little more time on the cabinet today. It was about 34 degrees out so my plans of spending the day in the garage brewing and staining, sanding, and finishing the wood for this were put on hold. I did what I could inside with what I had ready. Here's some pictures of the progress:

Test fitting the top cabinet. Damn cats are everywhere!

Installed the lights

Better shot of the lighting

Stemware holders are in

Testing them out with the lighting behind them. I think this will look really nice once the mirror is in and all of our stemware is organized and up.

Installed the top cabinet. What a pain in the butt that damn thing proved to be. Luckily SWMBO woke up and helped screw it in while I held it in place. I have an oak strip that will cover the gap between the shelf and the bottom of the cabinet, I just need to cut it and glue it in place.

Stopping point for the day.

Hopefully I kick this damn chest cold and the weather warms up soon. It's colder than what the specs for the stain and sealer recommend so I'm likely not going to be posting any more progress on this for a week or two...

So far it looks pretty good! Keep up the work! I was out staining in the 34 degree weather... I stained and then moved the work into my basement to dry up... Yesterday I was out with Polyurethane sealing my Keezer up... It was damn cold...

Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
Mischief_Brewing
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horric29 View Post
So far it looks pretty good! Keep up the work! I was out staining in the 34 degree weather... I stained and then moved the work into my basement to dry up... Yesterday I was out with Polyurethane sealing my Keezer up... It was damn cold...
Nobody told the weather it was spring...

I ended up kegging 10 gallons of victory prima pils-ale and 5 gallons of ed wort's apfelwein sweetened with raspberry syrup and starting yet another batch of apfelwein just to keep busy and avoid going out to the cold garage to work with the wood today...

Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I found this thread because you mentioned it on my wet bar thread. This is a GREAT PROJECT!! What made you stop posting updates? I can't believe the last post was back in March.

Lets see some forward PROGRESS!!

And now you see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #26
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 118

+1....MORE PICS!!! I liked where you were going with this project. Would love to see the finished product.

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Old 09-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #27
Mischief_Brewing
Recipes 

Believe it or not (I choose to ignore it), I have not done a stitch of work on this project since May. My wife hates that we have a half finished construction project in the middle of the dining room.

I really have not much left to do on the cabinet side of things, but a giant mountain to climb to figure out the beer side of it. I have all the wood I need, but still need to sand, stain and finish it so I can cut it and put it in place. I've let myself get distrated with a thousand other projects...

...like building a wall in front of my second garage door so I can have a door to use instead of opening the garage to get a beer:

It's likely to be November before I get a chance to work on this again though. I'm starting a new job, have friends from Australia visiting for a month, and am throwing one hell of a huge 40th b-day party for me and my friend.

I can guarantee that my wife won't let this one stay dead too much longer though...

Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #28
divvy9
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Subscribed for the finishing of this awesome project!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #29
Mischief_Brewing
Recipes 

Well, I finally got the woodworking tools back out and decided to work more on this eyesore in the middle of my dining room...

Tore the paneling down and glued the oak counter top to the drywall counter base

Insulated the accessway from the crawlspace basement

Glued in the facing in front of the counter (this will act as the barrier as I pour the resin top)

Ended up with a bit of a gap due to the cheapness of the cabinets that I bought on sale from HD. This will be fixed with woodglue and clamps

A different angle. The side here will be closed up with a floor to ceiling oak board that will eventually serve as the left side base for the doors. I should have that up by this weekend along with new paneling that fits right up to the edge of the cabinets if beer brewing doesn't get in the way.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #30
Mischief_Brewing
Recipes 

Got some more done this weekend!

Fixed the bar top gap

Test fit the side panel/board

View of the test fit from the other side

Realized I had an unfortunate gap, so I glued in a little piece of stained wood and held it up with one of the kid's superballs

Secured the side board and installed the wall paneling

Alternate view of the new wall paneling

Test fitting the side backsplash. There will be a mirror above this and in the back.

Busy at work this week so I probably won't get much else done until the three day weekend next weekend. Might hit up Home Depot/Lowes in between and start pricing the mirrors...

Quick Reply